- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 January 2021
- 13 hrs ago Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- 14 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Pretty White Lace Dress, Lovely Hat And Stylish Sunglasses Could Be Your Next Holiday Look
- 16 hrs ago Bigg Boss 14: Rubina Dilaik’s 4 Hairstyles From Recent Episodes That You Can Nail In Just 5 Minutes
- Finance Star Health Insurance Plans D-Street Debut This Year
- News COVID-19 vaccine: 31,700 health workers to be inoculated today, says UP Minister
- Movies Happy Birthday Sidharth Malhotra: From Shershaah To Mission Majnu; We've Got Our Eyes On His Upcoming Films
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Days Sale: Discount Offers On Smartphones
- Education SSC CHSL Cut-off 2021 Tier 1 Released
- Sports Stephane Peterhansel wins record 14th Dakar Rally title
- Automobiles Dakar Rally 2021 Final Stage Results & Highlights: Kevin Benavides Wins The Rally Race
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
A single letter can alter the meaning of a word most bizarrely and thus we need to stop misspelling this ten words.
10 Bizarre Yet Common Misspellings:
1. Public And Pubic: Embarrassing to say the least and hilarious if want to make the most of this commonly misspelt word. It is the difference of that one vital 'l' and the meaning takes a comic turn, especially in context. Imagine writing, 'pubic display of affection'!
2. Bye And Buy: When you say 'bye one and get one free', your customers will actually wave you goodbye. The difference between 'buy' (which is to purchase something), 'bye' (to bid adieu) and 'by' is what you need to stop confusing if you do not want to sound ridiculous.
3. Chinese: It is neither Chiense nor Cheinise. You need to stop misspelling the name of the country that has the highest population in the world. Sometimes you get to see three different spellings of 'Chinese' on the same menu card. It is a mystery how the Chinese do not attack us for mutilating their name!
4. Loose And Lose: There are countless billboards you will see that promise that you will 'loose' your weight. Usually people use 'loose' for 'lose' more often. It one of those typos that refuse to go away.
5. Bother And Brother: Even if your brother in law is really bothersome, should you call him, 'bother in law'? Not the best marital advise, is it?
6. Cheater: This word is neither a typing mistake nor sms language. It is our own concoction that has become more famous than the real word. There is no word called 'cheater', it's 'cheat'.
7. Sale And Sell: When you put up a board saying that your house is on 'sale' then the buyers will come in expecting a hefty discount. These are very commonly misspelt words because it is often used in similar contexts.
8. School Instead Of Shcool: Due to some weird optical illusion you won't notice the error at once. And when you do, you will hope that they teach spelling in it!
9. Sexist For Sexiest: Not only does this spelling error defeat the purpose of your statement, it doesn't even show a error on spell check!
10. Rape For Drape or Grape: This typing mistake really takes the cake. Miss the first letter and it becomes a crime!
These misspelling can embarrass you, so just stop making them.