- 4 hrs ago Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago Amazon Sale 2022: Up to 80% off on Premium Home furnishing Products
- 5 hrs ago Healthy Weight Awareness Month: Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight - Key For Good Health
- 7 hrs ago 29 Children Conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: U Mumba vs Bengaluru Bulls Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Movies Ananya Panday Gets Uncomfortable In Short Red Dress; Trolls Tease Her Over Her 'Struggle' With Outfit
- Finance This Large Cap Pharma Major To Pay Interim Dividend Of 500%
- News Padma Awards Winners : Full List of Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri Recipients
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Automobiles Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Diabetes is the most common disease and the number of people with diabetes is escalating day by day. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of people having diabetes has increased from 108 million to 422 million in the recent years.
Diabetes is regarded as a dangerous disease and if it's not brought under control, the blood sugar can have a devastating effect on the body and it may cause diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetic neuropathy, also called peripheral neuropathy, occurs when there is a nerve damage caused by diabetes. It is most likely to affect the nerves in the limbs, feet and hands, which is a result of nerve damage caused by the toxic effects of high blood sugar.
This may cause numbness and tingling sensation in the fingers, toes, hands and feet. So, it is very important to monitor the blood glucose levels and apply/use some home remedies to help deal with the pain.
Have a look at the home remedies for diabetic nerve pain, below.
1. Warm Water Bath
The easiest home remedy to treat a diabetic nerve pain is taking a warm water bath. The heat improves the blood circulation and speeds up the healing process.
- Take a warm water bath daily for 20 minutes.
- You can add 1 cup of Epsom salt to the water.
2. Ginger Tea
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that will help in relieving diabetic nerve pain. Drinking ginger tea will also help to manage the blood sugar levels.
- Boil a cup of water and add 2 pieces of ginger or 1 tablespoon of ginger powder.
- Let it steep for 5-10 minutes and drink this tea daily.
3. Regular Exercise
Regular exercising is one of the best ways to treat diabetic nerve pain. It improves the blood flow and lowers the blood sugar levels and hence keeps your diabetes under control.
- You can either walk or swim for 20 minutes daily to improve your blood sugar level.
Massage is another useful remedy for treating diabetic nerve pain. It helps to improve the blood flow in the veins and strengthens the muscles.
- Apply a few drops of mustard oil or coconut oil on the affected area.
- Massage the area for 5-10 minutes.
- After massaging, wrap the area with a warm towel.
- Do this several times in a day.
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils help in reducing the dull pain and lower inflammation. You can either use peppermint, lavender or frankincense essential oil for treating diabetic nerve pain.
- Choose the essential oil and add a few drops of it on the affected area.
- Massage the area gently.
Cinnamon contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-diabetic and immune-boosting properties that will help in treating diabetic nerve pain.
- Use cinnamon oil for massaging the area.
- Drink cinnamon tea.
- Use cinnamon in cooking food.
7. Evening Primrose Oil
Evening primrose oil is an anti-inflammatory agent that lowers numbness, tingling and burning sensation in the nerves.
- You can apply 1 teaspoon of the evening primrose oil on the affected area.
- You can also take a capsule of evening primrose oil.
8. Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system, reduces nerve pain and repairs nerve damage. Vitamin C aids in a faster healing process.
- Eat fruits like orange, lemon, pineapple, tomato, spinach, strawberries, etc.
9. Capsaicin Cream
Capsaicin has anti-inflammatory properties and analgesic properties that can help reduce nerve pain and help in treating diabetic nerve pain.
- Apply the cream on the affected area for 2-3 times in a day.
10. Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 helps to reduce the tingling and numbness in the nerve and also repairs the damage of the nerve. Eating vitamin B6-rich foods will help in treating the diabetic nerve pain.
- Eat fruits like bananas, peanut butter, tomato juice, soybeans, walnuts, etc.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- wellnessCan Drinking Water Improve Your Immune System?
- wellnessBenefits Of Ginger, Garlic And Honey With Warm Water
- wellness10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Honey Water
- wellnessBhringraj Oil: Benefits, How To Use And Possible Side Effects
- basicsHow To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Post Pregnancy: Ayurvedic Oils, Herbs And Natural Ingredients
- wellness10 Best Essential Oils To Reduce Snoring And Improve Sleep
- wellness6 Health Benefits Of Marula Oil, Uses And Side Effects
- hair care7 Essential Oils To Promote Beard Growth
- body careLavender Essential Oil: Beauty Benefits And How To Use For Skin & Hair
- wellness10 Essential Oils For Relieving Gout Pain
- disorders cure10 Home Remedies For Shin Splints
- body careAmazing Essential Oils That Can Eliminate Stretch Marks