- 18 min ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 13 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor Gives A Hug To Mom Neetu At Her Birthday Dinner, Karan Johar Joins The Celebrations
- Sports Suarez surpasses Kubala, Espanyol relegated
- Automobiles Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Tejas Networks Locked In 5% Upper Circuit On Share Purchase By Kedia Securities
- News Heavy rains in Uttarakhand trigger landslides, IMD predicts heavy to very heavy rains
- Technology List Of Upcoming Budget 5G Smartphones In India
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Indians just love to eat rice. Whether you are in the North or South, East or West of the country, you can always count on finding some delicious pulao recipes. Indian rice recipes are known for their different flavours. Some of these rice pulao recipes are extravagant like the biryanis and shahi pulaos. But the regular rice pulao recipes are usually cooked with single kind of spice or ingredient for flavouring.
We know you won't find time to make shahi pulao every day. But some rice pulao recipes are so easy that they can be prepared on a regular basis at home. These Indian rice recipes are part of our daily menus. For example, ghee rice is not a pulao recipe. It is just a simple Indian rice recipe that belongs to the kitchens of our mothers and grandmothers.
You will not find these simple rice pulao recipes in any posh restaurant menus. They are usually a part of native culinary skills that are passed down from one generation to the next. Boldsky has put together a list of the most delectable but simple rice pulao recipes. This list contains both North and South Indian recipes.
Here are some rare rice pulao recipes that you will not find in any cookery book.
This Malabar style recipe comes from the coastal regions of Kerala. The special feature in this ghee rice recipe is the fried dry fruits and vegetables that are added to it.
The main flavour of jeera rice is cumin and that doesn't change even in the microwave recipe. You have to mix cumin seeds with rice to make this easy Indian recipe. However, the microwave recipe helps you cut down on the amount of ghee.
This Indian side dish is prepared with curd, rice, milk and pomegranate. It is sweet, tangy and delicious. Check out the healthy curd rice recipe.
Corn masala rice is a special dish that is meant for dieters. Corn masala rice is low in fats and cholesterol. This makes it an ideal dish to stay in shape.
An amateur cook can try preparing coconut rice as it is a very easy and simple recipe. Ingredients like cashews, green chillies and curry leaves are basically used in the preparation of coconut rice.
Pineapple rice is prepared by using all kind of spices including mint leaves or pudina. Although a vegetarian recipe, pineapple rice goes well with grilled chicken and fried prawns.
Clove rice is a simple recipe that can be prepared in a very little time. It is a very simple main course recipe that you can try at home. This rice recipe tastes best with a spicy side dish.
Vangi Bhath or rice cooked with brinjal is a traditional South Indian recipe. Vangi bhath is most commonly seen as a part of the Karnataka cuisine.
Mango pulao is tangy and can also be spicy depending on the preference of the chef. If you are making mango pulao for kids, then it is better to make it sweet and sour.
Curry fried rice is a simple fried rice recipe whereby a little flavour of the exotic curry leaves is added to the rice recipe. The main flavour in this recipe comes from the curry leaves. You may use the whole leaves or just a powder of dried curry leaves in this rice recipe.