- 1 hr ago COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- 3 hrs ago 12 Reasons Why Holding On To Grudges Is Not Good For You
- 3 hrs ago Does Empty-Nest Syndrome Exist? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- 4 hrs ago First Wedding Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, Messages And Images To Share
- News Karnataka not to reopen schools, PU colleges in December
- Finance 12 Companies With Biggest Jump In Promoter Pledged Shares In July-Sept
- Sports Sports Minister Rijiju assures BAI all support to organise Yonex Sunrise India Open Superseries 2021
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Ali Fazal On Bagging Lead Roles In Hollywood: Choices Don’t Come To You On A Platter
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Making jeera rice is not rocket science and we all know that. But we can tell you how to make jeera rice faster and better using a microwave recipe. Most of us are too tired by the end of the day to attempt anything experimental. This Indian rice recipe is safe bet because you must have tried making jeera rice on the gas already.
The main flavour of jeera rice is cumin and that doesn't change even in the microwave recipe. You have to mix cumin seeds with rice to make this easy Indian recipe. However, the microwave recipe helps you cut down on the amount of ghee. So, try this rice recipe when you are in no mood for exotic cooking and totally out of ideas.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Basmati rice- 3 cups (soaked and washed)
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cardamom pods- 3
- Cinnamon stick- 1/2 inch
- Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 4 cups
- Pour the ghee in a microwavable vessel that has a lid. Heat the vessel in the microwave for 1 minute on 100 percent power.
- Now add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and cumin seeds. Heat this in the microwave for 2 minutes at 100 percent power.
- Sprinkle jeera powder, mix it up with the ghee and heat in the microwave for a minute on the same power.
- Add the rice to the vessel. Mix it up nicely with the ghee and spices.
- Heat the vessel in the microwave for 2 minutes on 100 percent power.
- Now add 4 cups of water and salt to the vessel. Close the lid and cook in the microwave for the duration of 20 minutes on 60 percent power.
- When the jeera rice is prepared, open the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
You can have jeera like with any dal or curry.