- 1 hr ago COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- 3 hrs ago 12 Reasons Why Holding On To Grudges Is Not Good For You
- 3 hrs ago Does Empty-Nest Syndrome Exist? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- 3 hrs ago First Wedding Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, Messages And Images To Share
- Finance 12 Companies With Biggest Jump In Promoter Pledged Shares In July-Sept
- Sports Sports Minister Rijiju assures BAI all support to organise Yonex Sunrise India Open Superseries 2021
- News Delighted at AstraZeneca vaccine's effectiveness, says Adar Poonawalla
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Ali Fazal On Bagging Lead Roles In Hollywood: Choices Don’t Come To You On A Platter
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Pineapple as we know is a citrus food that has abundance of vitamin C. Many of us like the fruit as it has a distinct taste. We all know that pineapple is used for the preparation of cakes, ice creams and salads. But interestingly, pineapple is also used for cooking. The delicacies prepared by using pineapple gives a different flavour and taste to the food.
In India, especially in the South regions, pineapple is used for the preparation of variety of delicacies; from chutney, raithas to curries. Pineapple rice is also one among the famous recipes that is prepared here. It is a very simple recipe and is best cooked when you have to rush to the office. Or even when you feel lazy to go for preparing a long boring lunch. Pineapple rice is prepared by using all kind of spices including mint leaves or pudhina. Although a vegetarian recipe, pineapple rice goes well with grilled chicken and fried prawns.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Rice - 1 bowl (cooked)
Pineapple- 1 cup (cut into small cubes)
Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
Fresh ginger - 1 inch (chopped)
Coriander Leaves - 5 (finely chopped)
Mint leaves chopped - 4 (finely chopped)
Red chilli Powder - 1/2tsp
Pepper - 1tsp (crushed coarsely)
Oil - 1tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1tsp
Salt - as per taste
1. In a thick bottomed pan, add oil and pineapple pieces.
2. Fry for 5 minutes. Add chopped ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
4. Add chopped coriander and mint leaves, red chilli powder and salt in the pan and mix all the ingredients.
6. Sprinkle two or three handful of water. Close with a lid and cook on a low flame for around 4 minutes.
8. Open the lid and stir it well till all the water is absorbed.
9. Add cooked rice and sprinkle pepper powder.
10.Keep the stove on high flame and mix for 1 minute.
11.Add lemon juice and mix it well. Garnish with coriander leaves.