- 8 hrs ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 10 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- 11 hrs ago Bunty Aur Babli 2: Rani Mukerji’s Poster Look Doesn't Quite Inspire Us To Get A Suit Stitched Like Hers
- 12 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Latest Fashion Lookbook Features A Traditional Net Lehenga And Smart Tan-Hued Airport Outfit
- News Amit Shah's J&K visit was necessary in aftermath of recent killings: Farooq Abdullah
- Sports Brighton and Hove Albion 1-4 Manchester City: Two-goal Foden inspires Guardiola's side
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Reveals Kurup Release Date, Pens A Heartfelt Note
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Official Teaser Confirms 120Hz AMOLED Display; Pricing Details Also Leaked
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Finance HDFC Securities Gives Buy On A PSU Bank And Infra Stock
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
Pineapple as we know is a citrus food that has abundance of vitamin C. Many of us like the fruit as it has a distinct taste. We all know that pineapple is used for the preparation of cakes, ice creams and salads. But interestingly, pineapple is also used for cooking. The delicacies prepared by using pineapple gives a different flavour and taste to the food.
In India, especially in the South regions, pineapple is used for the preparation of variety of delicacies; from chutney, raithas to curries. Pineapple rice is also one among the famous recipes that is prepared here. It is a very simple recipe and is best cooked when you have to rush to the office. Or even when you feel lazy to go for preparing a long boring lunch. Pineapple rice is prepared by using all kind of spices including mint leaves or pudhina. Although a vegetarian recipe, pineapple rice goes well with grilled chicken and fried prawns.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Rice - 1 bowl (cooked)
Pineapple- 1 cup (cut into small cubes)
Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
Fresh ginger - 1 inch (chopped)
Coriander Leaves - 5 (finely chopped)
Mint leaves chopped - 4 (finely chopped)
Red chilli Powder - 1/2tsp
Pepper - 1tsp (crushed coarsely)
Oil - 1tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1tsp
Salt - as per taste
1. In a thick bottomed pan, add oil and pineapple pieces.
2. Fry for 5 minutes. Add chopped ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
4. Add chopped coriander and mint leaves, red chilli powder and salt in the pan and mix all the ingredients.
6. Sprinkle two or three handful of water. Close with a lid and cook on a low flame for around 4 minutes.
8. Open the lid and stir it well till all the water is absorbed.
9. Add cooked rice and sprinkle pepper powder.
10.Keep the stove on high flame and mix for 1 minute.
11.Add lemon juice and mix it well. Garnish with coriander leaves.