- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- News Storm in favour of Grand Alliance now in Bihar similar to that for Modi in 2014: Congress
- Sports Alisson declares himself '100 per cent fit' after making swift injury recovery
- Movies Parzaan Dastur, Silent Kid From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Is All Set To Get Married!
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
In India, people wait for the scorching heat of the summer for just one reason, mangoes. Summers are 'aam ka season' in the subcontinent. That is why, mango recipes are in vogue at this time. Mangoes are eaten in various forms every summer. Even the tangy raw mango is very useful especially for making pulao recipes. Mango pulao or kacchi kairi ka pulao is a rice recipe that is very popular in Northern India.
Mango pulao is tangy and can also be spicy depending on the preference of the chef. If you are making mango pulao for kids, then it is better to make it sweet and sour. But there is also a spicy version of this summer dish. Since the mercury is high and too much spice will not do your stomach any good, it is better to try the sweeter version of this pulao recipe. What you need to make mango pulao is some raw and firm mangoes, rice and few spices.
Preparation Time: 20
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Basmati rice- 2 cups (washed and soaked in water)
- Raw mango- 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Cinnamon sticks- 1 inch
- Cardamom pods- 4
- Cloves- 4
- Peppercorns- 6
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch (grated)
- Salt- as per taste
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. When it crackles add cumin seeds, green chillies, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and peppercorns.
- After a minute, add ginger into the cooker. Saute it on a low flame for few seconds.
- Then add the raw mangoes. Keep the flame low and allow the mangoes to get steamed for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle turmeric and cumin powder. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Then add the basmati rice and stir to mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 3 cups of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook for the duration of 2 whistles on a low flame.
- You can garnish the mango pulao with some garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves.
Serve mango pulao with curd and salad. It is a wonderful summer treat for your kids.