- 2 hrs ago COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- 3 hrs ago 12 Reasons Why Holding On To Grudges Is Not Good For You
- 4 hrs ago Does Empty-Nest Syndrome Exist? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- 4 hrs ago First Wedding Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, Messages And Images To Share
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Odisha pay the penalty as Hyderabad keep first-ever clean sheet
- News Political and social guardian: Assam remembers Tarun Gogoi
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Ali Fazal On Bagging Lead Roles In Hollywood: Choices Don’t Come To You On A Platter
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Ghee rice is a delicacy that is very popular in Southern India. The ghee rice recipe is very similar to the pulao recipe but has some marked differences. The main difference between ghee rice and pulao is the amount of ghee or clarified butter that is added to it. Ghee is added like an subsidiary ingredient to pulao recipes. But in the ghee rice recipe, the main flavour comes from the clarified butter. The other ingredients added to the ghee rice should not supersede the flavour of the ghee.
The ghee rice that we are going to make today is a Malabar recipe. This Malabar style recipe comes from the coastal regions of Kerala. The special feature in this ghee rice recipe is the fried dry fruits and vegetables that are added to it.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Ghee- 4tbsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cardamom seeds- 1/2tsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Peppercorns- 6
- Onion- 1 (sliced)
- Carrot- 1 (chopped)
- Cashew nuts- 5
- Raisins- 5
- Almonds- 5
- Salt- as per taste
- Wash the rice carefully and strain the water.
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker. When it gets warm, saute the dry fruits namely cashews, raisins and almonds in the ghee.
- After 2 minutes of frying on a low flame, strain the dry fruits and keep them aside.
- Season the leftover ghee in the pressure cooker with bay leaf, cardamom seeds, cinnamon and peppercorn.
- When the peppercorns splutter, add the onions and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Then add the rice and fry it for 2 minutes. Add carrots, salt and 3 cups of water.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to blow out and open the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Garnish the ghee rice with fried dry fruits. You can also garnish with some freshly chopped coriander leaves.