- Sports IPL 2020: Chris Gayle provides the spark to KXIP innings
- News NIA arrests fugitive and key accused in Kerala Gold Smuggling case
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
There is a lot of similarities between Indian and Mexican food. For example, both cuisines use lots of tomatoes and have similar spices. Besides, both Indians and Mexicans are big rice eaters. That is why the Mexican red rice is a recipe that Indians will enjoy. It is a tomato and salsa based dish that has the flavour of Mexico in it.
Although it is exotic, Mexican red rice is an easy recipe. It can be prepared quickly for a lunch that was not planned or on busy mornings for the lunch box. All you need to prepare this dish is some tangy Mexican salsa sauce. This dish can be prepared with chicken or vegetable stock.
As a majority of Indians are vegetarian, we have used vegetable stock here.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Rice- 1.5 cups
Onions- 2 (chopped)
Garlic- 4 cloves (minced)
Ancho chilli peppers- 2 (chopped)
Tomatoes- 2 (chopped)
Vegetable stock- 2 cups
Salsa sauce- 1 cup
Salt- as per taste
Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
Heat oil in deep bottomed pan and sauté the onions and garlic cloves in it for 2-3 minutes.
When the onion becomes translucent, add the chillies and the tomato. Sprinkle salt and allow the tomatoes to ooze out its juices.
Now stir the uncooked rice into the pan. Add 2 cups of vegetable stock and bring the rice to boil.
Lower the flame; cover and cook the rice for 10 to 12 minutes.
When the rice gets almost cooked, stir in the salsa sauce slowly.
The sauce will give the dish a smooth and saucy texture.
Serve Mexican red rice garnished with chopped coriander leaves and a piece of lemon.