- 2 hrs ago Eat These Foods Guilt Free! List Of Foods That Do Not Cause Weight Gain
- 2 hrs ago Navratri 2020 Day 4: Know About Mata Kushmanda, Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantras
- 3 hrs ago Here’s Your Guide On How To Oil Train Your Hair
- 3 hrs ago Wondering Whether He Will Be A Good Husband? These 9Signs Will Help You
- Movies Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Will First Have A Registered Marriage On October 22?
- Sports ICC Chairmanship: Only NZ's Gregor Barclay and Singapore's Imran Khwaja file nominations
- News India has one of the highest recovery rates of 88%: PM Modi at Grand Challenges Annual Meeting 2020
- Automobiles Hero Splendor+ Black & Accent Edition Launched With Personalization Options: Priced At Rs 64,670
- Technology Realme Narzo 20A Review: Affordable Price, Big Battery Saves The Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In November
- Education DU SOL Admission 2020 For Undergraduate Courses Begins, Check Details
- Finance FM Sitharaman Asks Govt Companies To Achieve 75% Capex Target By Dec
Tomato rice also known as tomato bath is a famous dish in South India. This sweet and spicy rice recipe is simple, quick and easy to prepare.
While preparing this delicious rice treat, keep in mind to chop the tomatoes finely. Apart from the tomatoes even the onions needs to be chopped finely and fried well in ghee.
The tip to make tomato rice with peas all the more tasty is by adding a teaspoon of tomato sauce to the recipe. The sauce just adds more flavour to the tomato rice.
Combine this rice recipe with masala papad and raita too. So, what are you waiting for?
Take a look at how you can prepare this mouth-watering tomato rice with peas.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 2 cups
- Tomato - 4 (chopped finely)
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Peas - 5 tbsp (frozen peas)
- Green Chilli - 1 (sliced)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt To taste
- Water - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Add ghee to a pressure cooker. Wait for the ghee to turn hot, and then add the sliced green chilli. Saute well. Now add the chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes to the cooker, and stir well. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder and the red chilli powder. Saute these ingredients.
- Add the frozen peas to the cooker. Let it cook along with the other ingredients for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato sauce and salt according to taste. Allow the ingredients to cook well for 6 minutes.
- Now add the washed rice to the cooker. Fry the rice well with the ingredients.
- Add the water to the cooker and give it a final stir.
- Close the pressure cooker with the lid and let it cook for 4 whistles.
- Switch off the flame when done and serve hot.
Tomato is a healthy vegetable. This red juicy veggies aids in weight loss and is also a good summer veggie to prevent dehydration.
Allow the tomato rice to cook for only 4 whistles.