Tomato rice also known as tomato bath is a famous dish in South India. This sweet and spicy rice recipe is simple, quick and easy to prepare.
While preparing this delicious rice treat, keep in mind to chop the tomatoes finely. Apart from the tomatoes even the onions needs to be chopped finely and fried well in ghee.
The tip to make tomato rice with peas all the more tasty is by adding a teaspoon of tomato sauce to the recipe. The sauce just adds more flavour to the tomato rice.
Combine this rice recipe with masala papad and raita too. So, what are you waiting for?
Take a look at how you can prepare this mouth-watering tomato rice with peas.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 2 cups
- Tomato - 4 (chopped finely)
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Peas - 5 tbsp (frozen peas)
- Green Chilli - 1 (sliced)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt To taste
- Water - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Add ghee to a pressure cooker. Wait for the ghee to turn hot, and then add the sliced green chilli. Saute well. Now add the chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes to the cooker, and stir well. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder and the red chilli powder. Saute these ingredients.
- Add the frozen peas to the cooker. Let it cook along with the other ingredients for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato sauce and salt according to taste. Allow the ingredients to cook well for 6 minutes.
- Now add the washed rice to the cooker. Fry the rice well with the ingredients.
- Add the water to the cooker and give it a final stir.
- Close the pressure cooker with the lid and let it cook for 4 whistles.
- Switch off the flame when done and serve hot.
Tomato is a healthy vegetable. This red juicy veggies aids in weight loss and is also a good summer veggie to prevent dehydration.
Allow the tomato rice to cook for only 4 whistles.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans