- Sports IPL 2020: After scintillating show against Capitals, KKR spinner Varun Chakravarthy sets eyes on the trophy
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu Elimination: Divi Gets Evicted In The Seventh Week
- News US elections 2020: Not how you talk about friends says Biden on Trump’s filthy air jibe
- Finance Yes Bank Back On Track, Should You Buy The Stock?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
If you are not a real foodie, all biryanis will taste the same to you. After all, it is only meat cooked with rice. However, it takes a real biriyani lover to appreciate the subtle difference of taste in different types of biriyanis that is brought about by the usage of different cooking methods and a variety of spices. The recipe for thalassery biriyani for example is different from all others. It is an ideal recipe for Ramzan due to its delicate taste and flavour.
Thalassery biriyani is a recipe that hails from Kerala. This recipe for Kerala biriyani is different from all others because it uses fried chicken and eggs instead of curried chicken. The fried chicken, peanuts and yellow saffron rice come together to lend a unique flavour to this dish. Try out this Ramzan recipe during Iftar and also for Eid.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Chicken: 500 grams
- Biriyani rice: 400 grams
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Peanuts- 20
- Onion- 2+2 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbps
- Turmeric- 1tsp
- Red chili paste- 2tbsp
- Green chillies- 8
- Tomatoes- 2
- Curry leaves- 10
- Corainder leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Oil- 1 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry. Make small incisions in them for the spices to seep through.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with red chilli paste turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Fry the chicken pieces on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Strain the chicken pieces and keep aside. You can also saute a few boiled eggs in this oil if you wish to add it to the biriyani.
- In the remaining oil, add 2 chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Cook for the duration of 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Add tomatoes and green chillies; sprinkle salt from the top. Cook the masala for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add red chilli paste, turmeric powder, curry leaves and coriander leaves to the curry. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the fried chicken to the curry. Add 2 cups of water; cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Fry 2 onions in it till they become crisp. Strain the fried onions and keep aside.
- Add peanuts to the ghee and fry for 2-3 minutes. Strain the fried peanuts and keep them aside.
- Now add the biriyani rice to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2-3 cups of water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now take a large microwave-proof bowl and make layers of rice and chicken curry.
- Cover the bowl and cook in the microwave at 80 percent powder for 8-10 minutes.
Garnish the thalassery biriyani with fried onions and peanuts.