- Technology OnePlus Nord N10, Nord N100 Announced: Price, Specs And More
- News PM Modi on 2-day Gujarat trip from Oct 30; to visit Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel statue
- Sports IPL 2020: Chris Gayle provides the spark to KXIP innings
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Ramzan is the holy month of fasting for Muslims. This month is associated with many delicacies with which the day long fast is broken. Mughali mutton pulao is one such dish. This Mughali recipe owes its origin to the royal kitchens of the Mughals. However, now this pulao recipe has been adapted into true Indian cuisine. Mughlai mutton pulao is a filling rice dish that can provide you with a heavy dinner after an entire day of fasting. That is why it is great Ramzan recipe.
Mughlai mutton pulao is made out of red meat which is very popular for most Ramzan recipes. You need the proteins and energy from red meat when you are fasting. This pulao recipe is quite similar to the Mughlai biryani with minor differences in the cooking style. All the spices used in Mughlai mutton pulao make it a rich food item.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Mutton- 500 grams (cut into medium sized pieces)
- Basmati rice- 2 cup
- Curd- 1 cup
- Onion- 2 (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Peppercorns- 6
- Cloves- 4
- Cardamom- 4
- Bay leaf- 1
- Saffron- 1 pinch (soaked in milk)
- Cashew nuts- 10
- Raisins- 10
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Marinate the mutton pieces with salt, red chilli, cumin, coriander and garam masala powder. Keep it aside for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions in it for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add green chillies and cook for a minute on a low flame.
- Pour the marinated mutton with the marinade into the pan. Stir for 2 minutes until the spices are mixed uniformly.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- In another deep bottomed pan, add ghee. When it gets warm, add bay leaf, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Let the flavours bleed for 1 minute.
- Then add cashew nuts to the pan and saute on a low flame for a minute. Add raisins too and then pour the rice into the pan. Fry the rice for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- By now, the mutton must be half cooked. Check if the oil is floating on top of the mutton gravy.
- Pour the half cooked mutton gravy into the rice and stir to mix. Add 3 cups of water and salt if required.
- Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes on low flame.
- When the rice and meat is cooked, pour the saffron on top of the Mughlai mutton pulao.
You can enjoy Mughlai mutton pulao with raita and onion rings.