- Finance ICICI Bank Shares Surge 2% After Q3FY20 Results
- News Coronavirus: China-returned doctor quarantined in Rajasthan; patient kept in isolation
- Technology Nokia 9.2 PureView Featuring Snapdragon 865 SoC To Launch In 2020
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: Nadal and ATP stars mourn passing of Lakers legend
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
All of us are well aware of the numerous health benefits of brown rice but we do not really know how to include it in our daily cooking. Moreover, people generally hesitate to make brown rice a part of their diet when compared to white rice. But brown rice is healthy in many ways. It is high in fiber content which reduces the risk of cancer, promotes weight loss and helps in stabilizing sugar levels. So, here is a simple Brown Rice Idli breakfast recipe for diabetics that not only tastes delicious but also healthy at the same time.
We all know idli is one of the favourite breakfast items in India. It is not just tasty but healthy. We generally prepare idlis with white rice and dal but here we will add a new twist to the regular idli recipes. Since we want to include brown rice in our diet, we can start by making idlis out of it. It will provide a change in your regular taste while being healthy.
So try out this recipe of brown rice idli which is also very healthy for diabetics.
Preparation time: 12 hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Brown rice- 2½ cups
- Urad dal with skin- ½ cup
- Poha (flattened rice)- ½ cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 7-8 cups
- Clean and wash brown rice, poha and urad dal separately.
- Now soak them in 3 cups of water separately for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, drain the water from rice, poha and dal.
- Grind the rice first by adding a cup of water. Make a very fine paste.
- Now similarly grind the dal and poha and make a fine paste.
- Once done, mix all the three ingredients together in a big container and again beat them together in a food processor for about 10 minutes.
- Now keep the prepared mixture in a warm place for another 4 hours and allow it to ferment.
- After that add salt to the fermented batter and place the prepared batter in the idli moulds.
- Cover and steam the idlis for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the idlis get cooked, take out the idli stand and leave for 5 minutes.
- Check whether the idli is completely cooked from inside, using a knife or fork.
- Once cooked, take the idlis out with the help of a knife.
Your brown rice idlis are ready to be served. Serve hot with coconut chutney.