- Technology AMD Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT, RX 6900 XT Launched With RDAN2 Architecture
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan On 20 Years Of Kaun Banega Crorepati: It Does Seem Like The Enactment Of A Lifetime
- Finance 5 Reasons Why This Is An Apt Time To Make Real Estate Purchase This Festive Season
- News 71.1 per cent polling for four legislative council seats in Karnataka
- Education Delhi University News: DU Vice Chancellor Yogesh Tyagi Suspended Over Allegations Of Misconduct
- Automobiles Skoda Karoq Almost Sold Out In India Confirms Zac Hollins: Here Are All Details
- Sports Rohit Sharma injury: Mumbai Indians give this important fitness update on star batsman
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In November 2020
The summers are torrid in India and the only way to help cool ourselves is with the right type of food. Drinking a lot of water too helps in cooling the body and waving off the temperature. This afternoon we present to you a simple curd rice recipe you can prepare in 10 to 15 minutes.
However, the only difference in this rice recipe is its spiciness. The additional spice which is added to the curd rice will make you sweat and tear up. If you can take this amount of spice, this delicious curd rice recipe will be throughly enjoyed.
To give it that sweet taste, add a handful of fruits to the rice when it is done. You can also add a cup of milk to the curd rice to help thicken and enhance the taste of the curd rice. Take a look at this yummy spicy curd rice recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
All You Need
- Curd - 200 ml
- Rice - 1 cup ( boiled)
- Green Chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Red Chilli ( dry) - 2
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 ( chopped)
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4 -5
- Salt to taste
- Water - ½ cup
- Fruits ( optional) - 1 tbsp ( pomegranate)
- Coriander Leaves - 1 sprig (chopped)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. When hot add mustard seeds, jeera seeds and the dry red chilli. Stir fry these ingredients well over a low flame.
- Now add chopped onion, curry leaves and green chilli. Continue to fry the ingredients.
- Add the turmeric powder and a little water in the pan. When the water comes to a boil and slowly evaporates, drop in the curd.
- On a now medium flame, allow the curd to slowly come to a boil.
- Add the salt to taste and more water if the curd looks too thick.
- Gently add the boiled rice to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Garnish with fruits and chopped coriander leaves.
It is good to consume curd in the summer season. This pro-biotic food helps to reduce body heat. Curd rice is also beneficial to keep the body hydrated in summer.
When the curd is added to the pan, make sure you reduce the flame to a low temperature.