- News 2+2 dialogue: India, US to sign BECA agreement to facilitate exchange of sensitive information
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Sports Alisson declares himself '100 per cent fit' after making swift injury recovery
- Movies Parzaan Dastur, Silent Kid From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Is All Set To Get Married!
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
As the name suggests, Kabuli pulao is obviously comes to us from across the border. This special rice recipe from Kabul, Afghanistan is originally cooked with meat. But many Indian do not eat non-vegetarian food. Thus, we have improvised an Indian version of the Kabuli pulao. This is obviously a vegetarian pulao recipe.
Minus the meat, vegetarian Kabuli pulao retains all its original flavours. This rice recipe has some of the richest spices in your kitchen. The main flavours of Kabuli pulao comes from the fried dry fruits and saffron. The vegetables added to this pulao recipe can be almost anything of your choice. However, the flavour of the vegetables should not overpower the fruity taste typical of a Kabuli pulao.
The recipe to make vegetarian Kabuli pulao is expertly sorted out for you here.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Basmati rice- 300 grams (washed and part boiled)
- Cauliflower- 50 grams (chopped)
- Peas- 1 cup
- Potato- 2 (cut into wedges)
- Carrots- 50 grams (cut into small pieces)
- Onion 2 (sliced)
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cardamom- 3
- Peppercorns- 5
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Cloves- 4
- Almonds- 10
- Cashew nuts- 10
- Raisins- 10
- Pomegranate seeds- 1/2 cup
- Grapes- 1/2 cup
- Saffron- 1 pinch (soaked in 2tbsp milk)
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Ghee- 2tbsp
- Salt- as pet taste
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When it heats up, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns and cloves.
- After 30 seconds add the chopped vegetables namely cauliflower, peas, carrots and potatoes. Saute for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to yogurt. Beat it to make the mixture uniform.
- Pour the yogurt into the pan and cook the vegetables with the spices for 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan and melt ghee in it. Fry the dry fruits namely almonds, cashew and raisins in it for 2 minutes. Strain the fried dry fruits and keep it for later use.
- Then add the sliced onions and fry them till the they become crisp. This should take about 6-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now take a huge pot and layer it with part-boiled rice first. Then add a layer of the vegetable gravy. Top it with the fruits like pomegranate and grapes.
- Go on layering the pot until all the rice and gravy is used up. Now add the dry fruits and onions from the top.
- Cover the pot and cook on a low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- After the Kabuli pulao is cooked, add saffron soaked in milk for colour and fragrance.
Serve Kabuli pulao with delicacies like shahi paneer and vegetable korma.