- News NIA arrests fugitive and key accused in Kerala Gold Smuggling case
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The holy month of Ramadan is about to begin. Devoted Muslims all over the world will be fasting for Ramzan and will break their fast after sundown everyday. So, you will need some quick and easy Ramzan recipes up your sleeve from now. Ever heard of the Mashkoul rice recipe? It is not actually an Indian recipe but you might have come across it.
Mashkoul is a recipe that comes from Saudi Arabia. It is basically rice cooked with onions. In the Bedouin regions, Mashkoul is prepared instead of plain rice. This Arabian recipe will add variety to your Iftar table. Even simple curries and dals taste yummy with Mashkoul. So try to prepare this dish as a special Ramzan recipe this year.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Onions- 2 (sliced)
- Ghee- ½ cup
- Water- 6 cups
- Saffron- few strands
- Rose water- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Heat 6 cups of water in a large pot. When it bubbles, add rice to it.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- During this time, heat ghee in a skillet and saute onions in it.
- When the onions become translucent, take the onions off the flame.
- Now, grease a baking dish and make a layer of half the onions you fried.
- Strain the half cooked rice and spread it on top of the onions. Sprinkle some rose water and saffron strands on the rice.
- Add another layer of fried onions of top. You can add half a cup of water if you like.
- Cover the dish with a plastic sheet.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degree. Now, bake the rice for 7-8 minutes.
Yummy Mashkoul is ready to eat. You can serve it with chicken curry or delicious kebabs.