- 1 hr ago COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- 3 hrs ago 12 Reasons Why Holding On To Grudges Is Not Good For You
- 3 hrs ago Does Empty-Nest Syndrome Exist? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- 4 hrs ago First Wedding Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, Messages And Images To Share
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- News Karnataka not to reopen schools, PU colleges in December
- Sports Sports Minister Rijiju assures BAI all support to organise Yonex Sunrise India Open Superseries 2021
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Ali Fazal On Bagging Lead Roles In Hollywood: Choices Don’t Come To You On A Platter
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Biryani recipes are specially known for non-vegetarians. Boiled eggs are normally a part of chicken or mutton biryanis. But if you are an eggitarian, then you have a reason to rejoice as we are sharing egg dum biryani recipe today. This biryani recipe is special because it is made with eggs.
Egg dum biryani is actually a Hyderabadi biryani recipe. It is prepared in the dum pakht style. This Indian rice recipe is special because it is prepared by layering. The egg dum biryani recipe that we are sharing right now can even be prepared at home.
For the rice
- Rice- 1½ cup
- Chicken stock- 3 cups
- Cloves- 4
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch piece
- Black cardamom- 3
- Black pepper- 4-6
- Bay leaf- 1
- Lime juice- 2tsp
- Ghee or oil-1 tbsp
For the masala
- Ghee- 4tbsp
- Onion- 2 (thinly sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste- 3tsp
- Tomato- 2 (chopped)
- Fresh coriander- ¼ cup
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Lime juice- 2tsp
For garnishing during layering
- Onion- 1 (thinly sliced)
- Ghee- 2tbsp
- Cashew nuts- ¼ cup
- Raisins- ¼ cup
- Saffron- 1 pinch
- Milk- 2tbsp
- Boiling the eggs
- Keep the eggs in a wide pan and cover with water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Cover the pan and cook the eggs for 12-15 minutes on high.
- Run under cold water and peel the eggs.
- Slit the eggs into half.
- Add ghee in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
- In the same pan, fry cashews and raisins.
- Add saffron in the warm milk and keep aside.
- Add ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add onions and fry till they turn pink.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and fry till oil comes out.
- Add the boiled eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Add ghee in a pan and add all the whole spices.
- Add rice and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken stock, salt and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low heat till rice is 90% done.
- In a heavy bottom pan, place half of the eggs and masala.
- Spread half the rice on top.
- Sprinkle half of the fried onions and cashews and raisins.
- Repeat with the remaining masala, rice and garnishing.
- Sprinkle saffron milk on top.
- Cover tightly with an aluminium foil and keep on a heated griddle for 10-15 minutes on very low flame.
- Serve hot with raita.
Biryani came out wonderful. Addition of saffron gave it a very royal taste.