- 4 hrs ago Immunity Magnifying Smoothie Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home
- 4 hrs ago 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
- 4 hrs ago Bilateral Inguinal Hernia In Newborns: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- 4 hrs ago Your White Dress Edit Ft. Urvashi Dholakia And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Quashes Reports Of Thalaivi Getting Direct OTT Release, Issues Statement
- Sports IPL 2021, PBKS vs SRH: Preview, Date, Time, Venue, Team News, TV Channel List, Live Streaming Details
- News Karnataka imposes night curfew till May 4: What's allowed, what is not
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Automobiles New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
There are several means and methods that help promote weight loss. From exercises to supplements to foods, the list is never-ending. While most of us have the idea of losing weight in our mind, it seems to be the easy-said-than-done thing for.
But there is no need to be stressing yourself with the thought of crash diets or rigorous workouts, all you need to do is to have a closer watch on what to eat and what not to eat. It is a known fact that people will go to extreme ends to fulfil their desire to 'lose weight,' and to feed to this frenzy, there are countless products available in the market.
Most people blindly follow fad diets, starve, or go for detox diets not knowing that they may lead to serious health problems. Surely, these are 'quick' ways to lose weight but does not last in the long run.
Today, we will bring a list of weight loss tips that are nutritionist-approved and based on study evidence.
Genuine Weight Loss Tips That Are Scientifically Proven
1. Reduce your intake of added sugar and read the labels of foods you buy from the store .
2. Reduce consumption of refined carbohydrates, such as white bread, pasta, white flour, white rice, pastries, soda, breakfast cereals etc. as these can spike blood sugar rapidly, leading to hunger, cravings and increased food intake .
3. Adopt a low-carb diet if you want to restrict the carbohydrate intake and this can help you lose 2-3 times as much weight as a standard low-fat diet .
4. Eat more vegetables and fruits, they contain fewer calories and more fibre, a suitable combination that help promote weight loss .
5. Add more fibre into your diet as fibre in foods can help increase satiety and thereby manage your weight over the long term .
7. Eat real foods, that is whole, single-ingredient foods (whole foods are plant foods that are unprocessed and unrefined before being consumed) .
12. Chose whole eggs for breakfast, as it not only helps you lose weight and body fat but also help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours (after breakfast) .
13. Instead of breakfast and dinner, make lunch your main meal of the day to aid weight loss .
14. Use coconut oil for cooking as the fats present in the oil have been shown to boost metabolism and also reduce your appetite .
15. Exercise portion control because eating in large quantities has never been proven to be healthy for anyone (unless you have any eating disorders that medically requires you to eat in large quantities) and doing this can be very useful for weight loss .
16. Use smaller plates to eat your food as studies have proven that this automatically causes people to eat fewer calories. This is similar to practising portion control .
17. Intermittent fasting is a method of eating by following regular short-term fasts. That is, you go between periods of eating and fasting. Intermittent fasting is not about what to eat but is all about the 'when to eat,' and is proven to be as effective as calorie restriction (when it comes to weight loss) . Here is a step-by-step guide to intermittent fasting.
19. Chewing your food slowly can help you eat fewer calories and promote the production of hormones linked to weight loss .
20. Probiotic supplements that contain bacteria of the Lactobacillus subfamily have been shown to reduce fat mass. Talk to your doctor and add probiotic supplements to your diet .
22. Doing aerobic exercise has been proven to be effective for weight loss as it is a brilliant means to lose weight, especially belly fat .
23. Lifting weights can also help with weight loss, studies point out .
25. Identify situations that trigger out-of-control eating. You can do this by keeping a journal and write down what you eat, how much you eat when you eat, how you're feeling and how hungry you are to under the patterns .
On A Final Note…
Crash dieting and improper diet will not help you achieve a healthy body, but instead, decreases your physical performance, strength and fitness and paves way for premature ageing as well as decrease levels of immunity. By incorporating proper nutrition and exercises, one can promote healthy weight loss which can aid in improving fitness, physical performance and overall well-being.