- 3 hrs ago Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- 6 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Inspires Us To Play With Patterns With Her Gorgeous Skirt And Top Set
- 6 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Sets The Makeup Bar High With Smokey Eyes And Luscious Red Lips
- 9 hrs ago Difference Between Spring Onions, Shallots And Red Onions: Which Is Healthier?
- Sports Root finds his rhythm again as England captain reaches major milestone
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- News 1.91 lakh get COVID-19 shots on day 1; No post-vaccination hospitalisation yet: Govt
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Automobiles 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
There are several means and methods that help promote weight loss. From exercises to supplements to foods, the list is never-ending. While most of us have the idea of losing weight in our mind, it seems to be the easy-said-than-done thing for.
But there is no need to be stressing yourself with the thought of crash diets or rigorous workouts, all you need to do is to have a closer watch on what to eat and what not to eat. It is a known fact that people will go to extreme ends to fulfil their desire to 'lose weight,' and to feed to this frenzy, there are countless products available in the market.
Most people blindly follow fad diets, starve, or go for detox diets not knowing that they may lead to serious health problems. Surely, these are 'quick' ways to lose weight but does not last in the long run.
Today, we will bring a list of weight loss tips that are nutritionist-approved and based on study evidence.
Genuine Weight Loss Tips That Are Scientifically Proven
1. Reduce your intake of added sugar and read the labels of foods you buy from the store .
2. Reduce consumption of refined carbohydrates, such as white bread, pasta, white flour, white rice, pastries, soda, breakfast cereals etc. as these can spike blood sugar rapidly, leading to hunger, cravings and increased food intake .
3. Adopt a low-carb diet if you want to restrict the carbohydrate intake and this can help you lose 2-3 times as much weight as a standard low-fat diet .
4. Eat more vegetables and fruits, they contain fewer calories and more fibre, a suitable combination that help promote weight loss .
5. Add more fibre into your diet as fibre in foods can help increase satiety and thereby manage your weight over the long term .
7. Eat real foods, that is whole, single-ingredient foods (whole foods are plant foods that are unprocessed and unrefined before being consumed) .
12. Chose whole eggs for breakfast, as it not only helps you lose weight and body fat but also help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours (after breakfast) .
13. Instead of breakfast and dinner, make lunch your main meal of the day to aid weight loss .
14. Use coconut oil for cooking as the fats present in the oil have been shown to boost metabolism and also reduce your appetite .
15. Exercise portion control because eating in large quantities has never been proven to be healthy for anyone (unless you have any eating disorders that medically requires you to eat in large quantities) and doing this can be very useful for weight loss .
16. Use smaller plates to eat your food as studies have proven that this automatically causes people to eat fewer calories. This is similar to practising portion control .
17. Intermittent fasting is a method of eating by following regular short-term fasts. That is, you go between periods of eating and fasting. Intermittent fasting is not about what to eat but is all about the 'when to eat,' and is proven to be as effective as calorie restriction (when it comes to weight loss) . Here is a step-by-step guide to intermittent fasting.
19. Chewing your food slowly can help you eat fewer calories and promote the production of hormones linked to weight loss .
20. Probiotic supplements that contain bacteria of the Lactobacillus subfamily have been shown to reduce fat mass. Talk to your doctor and add probiotic supplements to your diet .
22. Doing aerobic exercise has been proven to be effective for weight loss as it is a brilliant means to lose weight, especially belly fat .
23. Lifting weights can also help with weight loss, studies point out .
25. Identify situations that trigger out-of-control eating. You can do this by keeping a journal and write down what you eat, how much you eat when you eat, how you're feeling and how hungry you are to under the patterns .
On A Final Note…
Crash dieting and improper diet will not help you achieve a healthy body, but instead, decreases your physical performance, strength and fitness and paves way for premature ageing as well as decrease levels of immunity. By incorporating proper nutrition and exercises, one can promote healthy weight loss which can aid in improving fitness, physical performance and overall well-being.