- 8 hrs ago Love Playing With Colours? Then Janhvi Kapoor And Pooja Hegde’s Multicolour Fashion Pieces Are For You!
- 8 hrs ago Golden Globes 2021: Elle Fanning Steals The Show With Her Stunning Makeup Look And Neat Twisted Bun
- 9 hrs ago Exercise Tips For Women Over 40
- 9 hrs ago Golden Globes 2021: Did Emma Corrin Find A Connect Between Pierrot Clown And Lady Diana With Her Gown?
- News Karnataka SSLC exams postponed by a week, to begin from June 21: Check timetable
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Hosts A Bigg Boss 14 Party: Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Sonali Phogat & Others Attend
- Sports Shaw to lead Mumbai in Vijay Hazare knockouts
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021: SSLC Exams In Karnataka To Start From June 21. Check Class 10 Board Exam Details
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For February 2021: Hyundai Registers Over 26 Percent Yearly Growth In Sales
- Technology Unknown Xiaomi Smartphone Leaks With 50MP Camera; Likely To Be Mi 11 Ultra
- Finance Best Tax Saving FDs With Good Returns Up To 7.25%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In March
We all love to have tangy pickles with our meal. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, teaming up your bread, roti or rice with pickle is one of the best ways to enjoy a tangy and delicious meal.
What are these pickles? It is a process of preserving food in a jar and marinating it with water, brine, vinegar or oil. In India, pickles are marinated in sesame or mustard oil as well whereas in many other cuisines, onions, eggs and other vegetables are marinated in vinegar or brine.
In India, pickles are commonly known as Achar in Hindi, Uppinakaayi in Kannada, Oorukai in Tamil and Ooragaya in Telugu. Pickles can be made with various ingredients like mangoes, Indian gooseberries, ginger, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, chillies, lemon, carrots etc. These main ingredients are mixed with spices, salt, and vegetable oil. The process is very simple. As it is the season to prepare pickles, here are few best pickle recipes that you can try at home.
9 best homemade pickle recipes:
Here are the two different methods to prepare garlic pickle at home. The spicy and aromatic garlic pickle can be stored for 2 weeks.
Amla (Indian gooseberry) pickle has a rich content of Vitamin C and has a tangy and spicy taste. Gooseberry is one of the such berries that has a good number of health benefits. This sweet and tangy amla pickle recipe is easy to make and tastes yummy.
As it is the season of raw mangoes, you can marinate few raw mangoes in a jar to prepare a tangy pickle at home.
You do not need to dry ginger in the sun for a long time to prepare this achar recipe. To make a delicious ginger pickle, add carrots to it.
This is an instant pickle recipe that is made with tomatoes, garlic, mustard seeds and Indian spices.
Why only prepare murabba using amla? You can also prepare aam murabba. These sweet pickle is loved by kids.
This crunchy cabbage pickle has a tangy flavour which can be stored in the refrigerator for more than a week. It is easy to prepare and tastes yummy with Chinese dishes.
The potato pickle is a spicy side dish that is prepared with diced potatoes and other vegetables (optional). You can even marinate potatoes in vinegar to prepare pickled potatoes.
In many hotels and restaurants, you can find small red pickled onions that are dipped in vinegar. They taste yummy and can make your meal taste all the more good.