- 10 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 12 hrs ago Daughters Day 2019: 7 Ways How A Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 12 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 13 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- News SAIL Jobs: SAIL recruitment 2019 notification download for 463 openings; Direct link to apply online
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Best Smartphones Priced Under Rs. 3,999
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
We all love to have tangy pickles with our meal. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, teaming up your bread, roti or rice with pickle is one of the best ways to enjoy a tangy and delicious meal.
What are these pickles? It is a process of preserving food in a jar and marinating it with water, brine, vinegar or oil. In India, pickles are marinated in sesame or mustard oil as well whereas in many other cuisines, onions, eggs and other vegetables are marinated in vinegar or brine.
In India, pickles are commonly known as Achar in Hindi, Uppinakaayi in Kannada, Oorukai in Tamil and Ooragaya in Telugu. Pickles can be made with various ingredients like mangoes, Indian gooseberries, ginger, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, chillies, lemon, carrots etc. These main ingredients are mixed with spices, salt, and vegetable oil. The process is very simple. As it is the season to prepare pickles, here are few best pickle recipes that you can try at home.
9 best homemade pickle recipes:
Here are the two different methods to prepare garlic pickle at home. The spicy and aromatic garlic pickle can be stored for 2 weeks.
Amla (Indian gooseberry) pickle has a rich content of Vitamin C and has a tangy and spicy taste. Gooseberry is one of the such berries that has a good number of health benefits. This sweet and tangy amla pickle recipe is easy to make and tastes yummy.
As it is the season of raw mangoes, you can marinate few raw mangoes in a jar to prepare a tangy pickle at home.
You do not need to dry ginger in the sun for a long time to prepare this achar recipe. To make a delicious ginger pickle, add carrots to it.
This is an instant pickle recipe that is made with tomatoes, garlic, mustard seeds and Indian spices.
Why only prepare murabba using amla? You can also prepare aam murabba. These sweet pickle is loved by kids.
This crunchy cabbage pickle has a tangy flavour which can be stored in the refrigerator for more than a week. It is easy to prepare and tastes yummy with Chinese dishes.
The potato pickle is a spicy side dish that is prepared with diced potatoes and other vegetables (optional). You can even marinate potatoes in vinegar to prepare pickled potatoes.
In many hotels and restaurants, you can find small red pickled onions that are dipped in vinegar. They taste yummy and can make your meal taste all the more good.