- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 11 July 2020
- 14 hrs ago Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- 14 hrs ago World Population Day 2020: Know About The History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 15 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Exudes Fresh And Lively Vibes In Her Beach-Perfect Breezy Outfits
- News It was an error says Amazon, hours after sending mail asking to delete TikTok
- Technology POCO M2 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Dowrich, Brathwaite fifties help tourists tighten grip
- Movies Charu Asopa On Her Marriage With Rajeev Sen: He Has Moved Out, But I Am Still Staying In The House
- Automobiles MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
We all love to have tangy pickles with our meal. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, teaming up your bread, roti or rice with pickle is one of the best ways to enjoy a tangy and delicious meal.
What are these pickles? It is a process of preserving food in a jar and marinating it with water, brine, vinegar or oil. In India, pickles are marinated in sesame or mustard oil as well whereas in many other cuisines, onions, eggs and other vegetables are marinated in vinegar or brine.
In India, pickles are commonly known as Achar in Hindi, Uppinakaayi in Kannada, Oorukai in Tamil and Ooragaya in Telugu. Pickles can be made with various ingredients like mangoes, Indian gooseberries, ginger, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, chillies, lemon, carrots etc. These main ingredients are mixed with spices, salt, and vegetable oil. The process is very simple. As it is the season to prepare pickles, here are few best pickle recipes that you can try at home.
9 best homemade pickle recipes:
Here are the two different methods to prepare garlic pickle at home. The spicy and aromatic garlic pickle can be stored for 2 weeks.
Amla (Indian gooseberry) pickle has a rich content of Vitamin C and has a tangy and spicy taste. Gooseberry is one of the such berries that has a good number of health benefits. This sweet and tangy amla pickle recipe is easy to make and tastes yummy.
As it is the season of raw mangoes, you can marinate few raw mangoes in a jar to prepare a tangy pickle at home.
You do not need to dry ginger in the sun for a long time to prepare this achar recipe. To make a delicious ginger pickle, add carrots to it.
This is an instant pickle recipe that is made with tomatoes, garlic, mustard seeds and Indian spices.
Why only prepare murabba using amla? You can also prepare aam murabba. These sweet pickle is loved by kids.
This crunchy cabbage pickle has a tangy flavour which can be stored in the refrigerator for more than a week. It is easy to prepare and tastes yummy with Chinese dishes.
The potato pickle is a spicy side dish that is prepared with diced potatoes and other vegetables (optional). You can even marinate potatoes in vinegar to prepare pickled potatoes.
In many hotels and restaurants, you can find small red pickled onions that are dipped in vinegar. They taste yummy and can make your meal taste all the more good.