- News China to sanction US arms suppliers to Taiwan
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Reacts To Ranveer Singh Accusing Him Of Stealing His Girlfriend During College Days
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
- Finance This NCD Option Can Generate Up To 8% Return For Investors
- Sports IPL 2020: Eoin Morgan hopeful of KKR fightback
- Technology OnePlus Nord N10, Nord N100 Announced: Price, Specs And More
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
We all love to have tangy pickles with our meal. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, teaming up your bread, roti or rice with pickle is one of the best ways to enjoy a tangy and delicious meal.
What are these pickles? It is a process of preserving food in a jar and marinating it with water, brine, vinegar or oil. In India, pickles are marinated in sesame or mustard oil as well whereas in many other cuisines, onions, eggs and other vegetables are marinated in vinegar or brine.
In India, pickles are commonly known as Achar in Hindi, Uppinakaayi in Kannada, Oorukai in Tamil and Ooragaya in Telugu. Pickles can be made with various ingredients like mangoes, Indian gooseberries, ginger, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, chillies, lemon, carrots etc. These main ingredients are mixed with spices, salt, and vegetable oil. The process is very simple. As it is the season to prepare pickles, here are few best pickle recipes that you can try at home.
9 best homemade pickle recipes:
Here are the two different methods to prepare garlic pickle at home. The spicy and aromatic garlic pickle can be stored for 2 weeks.
Amla (Indian gooseberry) pickle has a rich content of Vitamin C and has a tangy and spicy taste. Gooseberry is one of the such berries that has a good number of health benefits. This sweet and tangy amla pickle recipe is easy to make and tastes yummy.
As it is the season of raw mangoes, you can marinate few raw mangoes in a jar to prepare a tangy pickle at home.
You do not need to dry ginger in the sun for a long time to prepare this achar recipe. To make a delicious ginger pickle, add carrots to it.
This is an instant pickle recipe that is made with tomatoes, garlic, mustard seeds and Indian spices.
Why only prepare murabba using amla? You can also prepare aam murabba. These sweet pickle is loved by kids.
This crunchy cabbage pickle has a tangy flavour which can be stored in the refrigerator for more than a week. It is easy to prepare and tastes yummy with Chinese dishes.
The potato pickle is a spicy side dish that is prepared with diced potatoes and other vegetables (optional). You can even marinate potatoes in vinegar to prepare pickled potatoes.
In many hotels and restaurants, you can find small red pickled onions that are dipped in vinegar. They taste yummy and can make your meal taste all the more good.