- 3 hrs ago Celebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- 4 hrs ago Jupiter Retrograde In 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Sign
- 4 hrs ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Surprises Us With Her Unique Tiger-Inspired Saree; Also Wows Us With Jewellery
- 5 hrs ago Hair Tutorial: Hina Khan Has 3 Easy Hairstyle Ideas For Girls With Short Hair
- Finance What Are Non-Fungible Tokens NFTs? Where To Buy NFTs In India?
- Sports Javelin throwers Shivpal and Annu allege coach Uwe Hohn trains foreign athletes in overseas tours
- Movies Netrikann Release Date Is Here; The Nayanthara Starrer Is Already A Blockbuster!
- Automobiles Toyota Spare Parts Home Delivery Initiative Announced: Genuine Spares & Consumables Can Be Availed
- News Government approves restructuring of Ordnance Factory Board, to be split into 7 entities
- Technology Asus ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED Now Available In India: Price Starts At Rs. 2,39,990
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
Potatoes are the best choices to make if you are a beginner in cooking. They taste best if added to curries, gravies, salads or pickles. Blend well with any vegetable or masala. Today, we present a summer special recipe that isn't a curry or gravy but pickles. Yes, potatoes are better tasting when pickled than the usual mangoes, tomatoes or lemon. Take a look for the recipe.
Spicy Potato Pickles Recipe
- ' kg potatoes (small)
- 25-30 red chillies (roasted dry)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- A ball of tamarind
- 3 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Preparing Potato Pickles:
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Roll it over salt. Keep aside.
2. Roast fenugreek, coriander, tamarind and mustard seeds (roast dry)
3. Grind it into fine powder/paste.
4. Fry the salty potatoes in oil till golden brown.
5. In a pan, add 4-5 tsps oil, asafoetida, ground paste and salt (if needed).
6. Add the fried potatoes to the pan and stir for a few minutes.
7. Turn off the stove and the pickles are ready.
Enjoy the side dish with chapathis and dosa (pancakes).