- 36 min ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- 54 min ago Your Saturday Fashion Roundup Ft. Deepika Padukone, Radhika Madan, And Ananya Panday
- 54 min ago Nutritionist Speaks About Food Labels And How To Read Them
- 2 hrs ago Indian Women Who Made It To Forbes List Of World’s 100 Most Powerful Women 2020
- News Will bring in law to prevent 'love jihad' in Kerala if voted to power: BJP
- Automobiles IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- Movies Netizens Hail Hrithik Roshan As He Appears Before Police To Record Statement In Relation To A 2016 Case
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City FC vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Pickles are everyone's favourite and they are mainly served as a side dish in Indian cuisine. Pickle is can make even tasteless food delectable. Depending on the spices and flavours used, pickle can be made sweet, spicy or sour. Americans mainly make vinegar based pickle but Indian pickles are rich in oil. Traditionally, Indian families use a high concentration of salt and spices like turmeric powder that preserve these pickles for long, even without refrigeration.
A good variety of fruit and vegetable pickles are made in Indian houses. Out of the many there is one pickle that is one of the healthiest pickles known. Amla (Indian gooseberry) pickle has a rich content of vitamin C and has a tangy and spicy taste. Gooseberry is one of the such berries that has a good number of health benefits. Amla improves eyesight and is good for lungs and heart too. Gooseberries is rich in anti-oxidant property that makes it excellent for skin and hair. Owing to such a good numbers of health benefits that gooseberries have, one must prepare tangy and spicy amla pickle at home. This amla pickle recipe is easy to make and tastes yummy.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Indian Gooseberries (Amla)- 500 grams
- Tamarind- 100 grams
- Turmeric powder- 3tbsp
- Chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Fenugreek powder- 3tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 2tsp
- Sesame oil- 1 cup
- Mustard Oil- 2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cut amla into 4 equal pieces.
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 10 minutes and then remove the seeds.
- Now, blend the tamarind, turmeric powder, chilli powder and fenugreek powder into a fine paste and keep aside for few minutes.
- Add salt once the paste is finely grind.
- Heat half the amount of sesame oil in a deep bottomed pan and fry the amla till they become soft.
- Now, add tamarind paste and remaining sesame oil to form the mixture of the pickle. And, saute it for 5 minutes.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds, when they start to crackle; add them to the amla mix.
Allow it to cool and store it in air-tight container.
Your amla pickle is ready to serve now.