- 9 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 11 hrs ago Daughters Day 2019: 7 Ways How A Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 11 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 12 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- News Who is Junko Tabei to whom today's Google Doodle is dedicated
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Best Smartphones Priced Under Rs. 3,999
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Pickles have always been one of the most preferred delicacies in many cuisines. Pickles are prepared by preserving vegetables or fruits in water or vinegar for few weeks and then mixing them with oil. In India, pickles are teamed up as a sweet, spicy or tangy side dish with rice as well as rotis.
You would be baffled to see a special importance of pickles in every Indian meal. Pickles are prepared with seasonal fruits like mangoes. Mango pickle is one of the most popular pickle recipes in the Indian cuisine. Raw mangoes, Indian spices and oil are few ingredients that you need to prepare raw mango pickle. Check out the recipe.
Raw mango pickle recipe:
- Raw green mangoes- 7-8 (diced)
- Red chilli powder- 4tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Vegetable/mustard oil- 2 cups
- Discard the seeds from the raw mangoes and cut them into small or medium sized pieces (with or without peels).
- Add salt and red chilli powder and mix with the mango pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds when it turns hot.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add hing, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now mix this with mango pieces and put it in a clean and dry jar. Pour more oil if required. Close the jar with a cotton cloth piece so that air passes by. Shake the jar twice every day for 1 week. After a week, put the covered jar outside under the direct sun for 5-6 hours every day (for around 2 weeks). Once the mango pieces become soft and changes colour, you can use it.
Your mango pickle is ready. You can still put the mango pickle jar under the sun to keep it fresh and tasty.