- 59 min ago Daily Horoscope: 11 July 2020
- 12 hrs ago Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- 12 hrs ago World Population Day 2020: Know About The History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 13 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Exudes Fresh And Lively Vibes In Her Beach-Perfect Breezy Outfits
- Technology POCO M2 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Dowrich, Brathwaite fifties help tourists tighten grip
- Movies Charu Asopa On Her Marriage With Rajeev Sen: He Has Moved Out, But I Am Still Staying In The House
- News WHO lauds Dharavi, Asia's largest slum for breaking COVID-19 transmission chain
- Automobiles MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Pickles have always been one of the most preferred delicacies in many cuisines. Pickles are prepared by preserving vegetables or fruits in water or vinegar for few weeks and then mixing them with oil. In India, pickles are teamed up as a sweet, spicy or tangy side dish with rice as well as rotis.
You would be baffled to see a special importance of pickles in every Indian meal. Pickles are prepared with seasonal fruits like mangoes. Mango pickle is one of the most popular pickle recipes in the Indian cuisine. Raw mangoes, Indian spices and oil are few ingredients that you need to prepare raw mango pickle. Check out the recipe.
Raw mango pickle recipe:
- Raw green mangoes- 7-8 (diced)
- Red chilli powder- 4tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Vegetable/mustard oil- 2 cups
- Discard the seeds from the raw mangoes and cut them into small or medium sized pieces (with or without peels).
- Add salt and red chilli powder and mix with the mango pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds when it turns hot.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add hing, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now mix this with mango pieces and put it in a clean and dry jar. Pour more oil if required. Close the jar with a cotton cloth piece so that air passes by. Shake the jar twice every day for 1 week. After a week, put the covered jar outside under the direct sun for 5-6 hours every day (for around 2 weeks). Once the mango pieces become soft and changes colour, you can use it.
Your mango pickle is ready. You can still put the mango pickle jar under the sun to keep it fresh and tasty.