- 11 hrs ago Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- 17 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 1 day ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 1 day ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- Sports A tale of two Mumbai Indians boys: Suryakumar Yadav continues to impress; Hardik Pandya remains ineffective
- Movies Amazon Prime Video Launches The Trailer Of Shershaah At Kargil Vijay Divas Celebrations In Kargil
- News Karnataka minister Murugesh Nirani in Delhi amid speculations about CM Yediyurappa's exit
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Pickles have always been one of the most preferred delicacies in many cuisines. Pickles are prepared by preserving vegetables or fruits in water or vinegar for few weeks and then mixing them with oil. In India, pickles are teamed up as a sweet, spicy or tangy side dish with rice as well as rotis.
You would be baffled to see a special importance of pickles in every Indian meal. Pickles are prepared with seasonal fruits like mangoes. Mango pickle is one of the most popular pickle recipes in the Indian cuisine. Raw mangoes, Indian spices and oil are few ingredients that you need to prepare raw mango pickle. Check out the recipe.
Raw mango pickle recipe:
- Raw green mangoes- 7-8 (diced)
- Red chilli powder- 4tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Vegetable/mustard oil- 2 cups
- Discard the seeds from the raw mangoes and cut them into small or medium sized pieces (with or without peels).
- Add salt and red chilli powder and mix with the mango pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds when it turns hot.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add hing, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now mix this with mango pieces and put it in a clean and dry jar. Pour more oil if required. Close the jar with a cotton cloth piece so that air passes by. Shake the jar twice every day for 1 week. After a week, put the covered jar outside under the direct sun for 5-6 hours every day (for around 2 weeks). Once the mango pieces become soft and changes colour, you can use it.
Your mango pickle is ready. You can still put the mango pickle jar under the sun to keep it fresh and tasty.