- 8 hrs ago Mother’s Day 2021: Bake A Sooji Cake For Your Mother
- 10 hrs ago Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- 12 hrs ago House Of The Dragon Actress Olivia Cooke’s Cute High Ponytail Hairstyle Gives Retro Feel; Pictures Inside!
- 12 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things That You Can Donate On This Day
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Automobiles Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Pickles have always been one of the most preferred delicacies in many cuisines. Pickles are prepared by preserving vegetables or fruits in water or vinegar for few weeks and then mixing them with oil. In India, pickles are teamed up as a sweet, spicy or tangy side dish with rice as well as rotis.
You would be baffled to see a special importance of pickles in every Indian meal. Pickles are prepared with seasonal fruits like mangoes. Mango pickle is one of the most popular pickle recipes in the Indian cuisine. Raw mangoes, Indian spices and oil are few ingredients that you need to prepare raw mango pickle. Check out the recipe.
Raw mango pickle recipe:
- Raw green mangoes- 7-8 (diced)
- Red chilli powder- 4tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Vegetable/mustard oil- 2 cups
- Discard the seeds from the raw mangoes and cut them into small or medium sized pieces (with or without peels).
- Add salt and red chilli powder and mix with the mango pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds when it turns hot.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add hing, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now mix this with mango pieces and put it in a clean and dry jar. Pour more oil if required. Close the jar with a cotton cloth piece so that air passes by. Shake the jar twice every day for 1 week. After a week, put the covered jar outside under the direct sun for 5-6 hours every day (for around 2 weeks). Once the mango pieces become soft and changes colour, you can use it.
Your mango pickle is ready. You can still put the mango pickle jar under the sun to keep it fresh and tasty.