- 6 min ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 9 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 9 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 9 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Pickles have always been one of the most preferred delicacies in many cuisines. Pickles are prepared by preserving vegetables or fruits in water or vinegar for few weeks and then mixing them with oil. In India, pickles are teamed up as a sweet, spicy or tangy side dish with rice as well as rotis.
You would be baffled to see a special importance of pickles in every Indian meal. Pickles are prepared with seasonal fruits like mangoes. Mango pickle is one of the most popular pickle recipes in the Indian cuisine. Raw mangoes, Indian spices and oil are few ingredients that you need to prepare raw mango pickle. Check out the recipe.
Raw mango pickle recipe:
- Raw green mangoes- 7-8 (diced)
- Red chilli powder- 4tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Vegetable/mustard oil- 2 cups
- Discard the seeds from the raw mangoes and cut them into small or medium sized pieces (with or without peels).
- Add salt and red chilli powder and mix with the mango pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds when it turns hot.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add hing, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now mix this with mango pieces and put it in a clean and dry jar. Pour more oil if required. Close the jar with a cotton cloth piece so that air passes by. Shake the jar twice every day for 1 week. After a week, put the covered jar outside under the direct sun for 5-6 hours every day (for around 2 weeks). Once the mango pieces become soft and changes colour, you can use it.
Your mango pickle is ready. You can still put the mango pickle jar under the sun to keep it fresh and tasty.