- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 11 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 11 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 11 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Pickles are not easy to make. It takes 2-4 weeks to make the delicious Indian pickles. In earlier days, our grandmothers used to make pickles and the trend carried forward to our mothers. These days, lack of time and busy work schedules have forced women to buy ready made pickles from supermarkets.
During weekdays, working women hardly get any time to cook something special in the kitchen. As today is Friday, you have two days to try some different dishes that can add flavour to your meal and a colour to the plate. How about making a simple pickle that can be prepared in just 1 hour (maximum). Lets check out the recipe to make hot tomato pickles.
Hot tomato pickles recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (excluding marination)
- Tomatoes- 500gms (red and green tomatoes or either one)
- Green chillies- 10-15
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 1 whole clove (peeled and minced)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Vinegar- 2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1 ½ cup
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them. In a bowl, mix with turmeric powder and salt. Soak them in vinegar and marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend garlic, ginger, green chillies and ¾ mustard seeds together. Add few drops of vinegar in the grinder. Make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the remaining mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fenugreek seeds. Mix well and cook till the fenugreek turns brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillie paste in the pan and cook on low flame.
- Now, add the marinated tomatoes in the pan and the remaining vinegar. Stir well and bring it to boil.
- When a layer of oil forms on the surface, put the pan off flame.
Let the pickle cool. Store in an air-tight container. You can also have it hot with rice or rotis. This pickle can be stored for maximum 1 year!