- 46 min ago Mars Transit in Libra On 22 October 2021 Effects on Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 12 hrs ago What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- 12 hrs ago Alia Bhatt And Malaika Arora Convince Us To Invest In Single-Tone Outfits With All-Blue And All-Green Look
- 13 hrs ago Diabetes And Itching: What Are The Causes Of Itching In Diabetics And How To Treat Them?
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
- Automobiles MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
Pickles are not easy to make. It takes 2-4 weeks to make the delicious Indian pickles. In earlier days, our grandmothers used to make pickles and the trend carried forward to our mothers. These days, lack of time and busy work schedules have forced women to buy ready made pickles from supermarkets.
During weekdays, working women hardly get any time to cook something special in the kitchen. As today is Friday, you have two days to try some different dishes that can add flavour to your meal and a colour to the plate. How about making a simple pickle that can be prepared in just 1 hour (maximum). Lets check out the recipe to make hot tomato pickles.
Hot tomato pickles recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (excluding marination)
- Tomatoes- 500gms (red and green tomatoes or either one)
- Green chillies- 10-15
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 1 whole clove (peeled and minced)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Vinegar- 2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1 ½ cup
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them. In a bowl, mix with turmeric powder and salt. Soak them in vinegar and marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend garlic, ginger, green chillies and ¾ mustard seeds together. Add few drops of vinegar in the grinder. Make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the remaining mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fenugreek seeds. Mix well and cook till the fenugreek turns brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillie paste in the pan and cook on low flame.
- Now, add the marinated tomatoes in the pan and the remaining vinegar. Stir well and bring it to boil.
- When a layer of oil forms on the surface, put the pan off flame.
Let the pickle cool. Store in an air-tight container. You can also have it hot with rice or rotis. This pickle can be stored for maximum 1 year!