- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 11 July 2020
- 14 hrs ago Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- 14 hrs ago World Population Day 2020: Know About The History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 15 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Exudes Fresh And Lively Vibes In Her Beach-Perfect Breezy Outfits
- News It was an error says Amazon, hours after sending mail asking to delete TikTok
- Technology POCO M2 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Dowrich, Brathwaite fifties help tourists tighten grip
- Movies Charu Asopa On Her Marriage With Rajeev Sen: He Has Moved Out, But I Am Still Staying In The House
- Automobiles MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Pickles are not easy to make. It takes 2-4 weeks to make the delicious Indian pickles. In earlier days, our grandmothers used to make pickles and the trend carried forward to our mothers. These days, lack of time and busy work schedules have forced women to buy ready made pickles from supermarkets.
During weekdays, working women hardly get any time to cook something special in the kitchen. As today is Friday, you have two days to try some different dishes that can add flavour to your meal and a colour to the plate. How about making a simple pickle that can be prepared in just 1 hour (maximum). Lets check out the recipe to make hot tomato pickles.
Hot tomato pickles recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (excluding marination)
- Tomatoes- 500gms (red and green tomatoes or either one)
- Green chillies- 10-15
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 1 whole clove (peeled and minced)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Vinegar- 2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1 ½ cup
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them. In a bowl, mix with turmeric powder and salt. Soak them in vinegar and marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend garlic, ginger, green chillies and ¾ mustard seeds together. Add few drops of vinegar in the grinder. Make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the remaining mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fenugreek seeds. Mix well and cook till the fenugreek turns brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillie paste in the pan and cook on low flame.
- Now, add the marinated tomatoes in the pan and the remaining vinegar. Stir well and bring it to boil.
- When a layer of oil forms on the surface, put the pan off flame.
Let the pickle cool. Store in an air-tight container. You can also have it hot with rice or rotis. This pickle can be stored for maximum 1 year!