- 46 min ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- 1 hr ago Your Saturday Fashion Roundup Ft. Deepika Padukone, Radhika Madan, And Ananya Panday
- 1 hr ago Nutritionist Speaks About Food Labels And How To Read Them
- 2 hrs ago Indian Women Who Made It To Forbes List Of World’s 100 Most Powerful Women 2020
- News Will bring in law to prevent 'love jihad' in Kerala if voted to power: BJP
- Automobiles IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- Movies Netizens Hail Hrithik Roshan As He Appears Before Police To Record Statement In Relation To A 2016 Case
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City FC vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Pickles are not easy to make. It takes 2-4 weeks to make the delicious Indian pickles. In earlier days, our grandmothers used to make pickles and the trend carried forward to our mothers. These days, lack of time and busy work schedules have forced women to buy ready made pickles from supermarkets.
During weekdays, working women hardly get any time to cook something special in the kitchen. As today is Friday, you have two days to try some different dishes that can add flavour to your meal and a colour to the plate. How about making a simple pickle that can be prepared in just 1 hour (maximum). Lets check out the recipe to make hot tomato pickles.
Hot tomato pickles recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (excluding marination)
- Tomatoes- 500gms (red and green tomatoes or either one)
- Green chillies- 10-15
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 1 whole clove (peeled and minced)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Vinegar- 2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1 ½ cup
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them. In a bowl, mix with turmeric powder and salt. Soak them in vinegar and marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend garlic, ginger, green chillies and ¾ mustard seeds together. Add few drops of vinegar in the grinder. Make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the remaining mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fenugreek seeds. Mix well and cook till the fenugreek turns brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillie paste in the pan and cook on low flame.
- Now, add the marinated tomatoes in the pan and the remaining vinegar. Stir well and bring it to boil.
- When a layer of oil forms on the surface, put the pan off flame.
Let the pickle cool. Store in an air-tight container. You can also have it hot with rice or rotis. This pickle can be stored for maximum 1 year!