- 10 min ago Jamat-Ul-Vida 2021: Know About The Last Friday Of Ramadan
- 1 hr ago Virasat Actress Pooja Batra Inspires Us To Style Up Our Wardrobe With Her Top 5 Dresses
- 3 hrs ago On Erica Fernandes Birthday, 3 Skin Care Routines From The Diva’s YouTube Channel For Flawless Skin
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 07 May 2021
- Finance IDBI Bank Launched The Facility Of KYC Updation Through V-CIP Process
- Sports Muhammad Ali promoter Bob Arum stands in solidarity with India as country fights against Covid-19
- Movies Salman Khan To Extend Financial Support To 25000 Film Industry Workers Amid The Second Wave Of COVID-19
- News Indian Railways cancels 28 trains from May 9: Check list
- Technology Oppo Enco Air TWS Earphones, Band Vitality Edition Go Official; Price, Features
- Education Madhya Pradesh Universities To Conduct Open Book Exams For UG, PG Courses
- Automobiles Revolt RV300 & RV400 Bookings Closed Again In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
Pickles are not easy to make. It takes 2-4 weeks to make the delicious Indian pickles. In earlier days, our grandmothers used to make pickles and the trend carried forward to our mothers. These days, lack of time and busy work schedules have forced women to buy ready made pickles from supermarkets.
During weekdays, working women hardly get any time to cook something special in the kitchen. As today is Friday, you have two days to try some different dishes that can add flavour to your meal and a colour to the plate. How about making a simple pickle that can be prepared in just 1 hour (maximum). Lets check out the recipe to make hot tomato pickles.
Hot tomato pickles recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (excluding marination)
- Tomatoes- 500gms (red and green tomatoes or either one)
- Green chillies- 10-15
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 1 whole clove (peeled and minced)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Vinegar- 2 cups
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1 ½ cup
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them. In a bowl, mix with turmeric powder and salt. Soak them in vinegar and marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend garlic, ginger, green chillies and ¾ mustard seeds together. Add few drops of vinegar in the grinder. Make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the remaining mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the fenugreek seeds. Mix well and cook till the fenugreek turns brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillie paste in the pan and cook on low flame.
- Now, add the marinated tomatoes in the pan and the remaining vinegar. Stir well and bring it to boil.
- When a layer of oil forms on the surface, put the pan off flame.
Let the pickle cool. Store in an air-tight container. You can also have it hot with rice or rotis. This pickle can be stored for maximum 1 year!