- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Ginger pickle is one of the most popular pickle recipes. The tangy taste of this pickle recipe comes from the taste of the ginger and the the spices used in it. Ginger pickle is something that everyone would cherish to have alongside their meals. This ginger recipe is very simple and can easily be prepared by you. In India we call a pickle as achar. And almost all Indians love to have the sweet and sour taste of an achar recipe.
You do not need to dry the ginger in the sun for a long time for this achar recipe, as is usually done in all the traditional pickle recipes. Here is a simple recipe for making ginger pickle. You can also add chopped carrots to this recipe.
Preparation Time:10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Ginger- 250 grams (washed, peeled and finely sliced)
- Methi (fenugreek) Seeds- 2tsp (roasted)
- Saunf (fennel) Seeds- 2sp(roasted)
- Mustard Seeds- 1tbsp
- Whole Red Chillies- 2
- Jaggery Syrup- 1-2tbsp
- Hing (asafoetida)- 1pinch
- Turmeric Powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice- 2-3tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- 1cup
- Take a frying pan and add the oil to it. Now add the fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and whole red chillies to it. Put the gas on a low flame and let the seeds pop.
- You will find that a fine aroma of all the spices will come out of the pan. Now add the ginger pieces and lightly fry on a low flame for about a minute or two.
- Add the jaggery syrup and stir for a minute. Now add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and lemon juice to it. Saute the whole mixture in the pan for about 2-3 minutes and not more than that. If you keep the ginger on heat for a long time then it might lose its crispness.
- Take it off the gas oven and then pour in a air tight container. Your ginger pickle is almost ready.
- Now keep this bottle of ginger pickle in the sun for about 5-6 hours the next day and then it is ready to savour.
Serve the ginger pickle along with rice, roti or any other side dishes. The spicy taste of this pickle is sure to gain a lot of appreciations.