- 1 hr ago Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- 4 hrs ago Sooryanvanshi Promotions: Katrina Kaif Is A Vision In Her White Dress; Her Makeup Is On-Point Too
- 6 hrs ago 7 Signs And Symptoms Of Teething In Babies
- 6 hrs ago Jupiter Direct in Capricorn On 18 October 2021 Effects on Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Movies Anushka Sharma Shares An Adorable Photo Of Virat Kohli & Daughter Vamika, Says 'My Whole Heart In One Frame'
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Sports No CSK without Dhoni, no Dhoni without CSK: N Srinivasan
- News CBSE Board Exam 2021-22: Board issues clarification against fake datesheet for 10th, 12th
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Technology More Oppo K9s Features Revealed Via Official Teasers; All You Need To Know
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
- Automobiles Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
It has been years that we tasted our grandma's special spicy pickled onions.It takes a lot of time and efforts to prepare a pickle recipe and thus, there is no place for them in our busy urban lives. But just because you are busy doesn't mean you don't miss pickled onions. So, what you need is a pickle recipe that will be tasty without being too cumbersome to prepare.
Pickled onions can be prepared as in the spicy Indian or in European style with lesser whole spices. This pickle recipe takes a bit from both worlds and thus, the resulting pickled onions will be a cross-cultural product. The whole spices used in these pickled onions are Indian but vinegar added to the onions is a European ingredient.
Preparation Time: 15 Days
Ingredients (For a 300 ml Jar)
- Small red onions- 20 (peeled)
- Sea salt- 2tbsp
- Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
- White Vinegar- 1 cup
- Green chillies- 8 (de-seeded)
- Bay leaves- 3
- Cloves- 8
- Green peppercorns- 10
- Water- 4 cups
1. Boil water with salt for 5 minutes of high flame. Blanch the onions and green chillies in it for a couple of minutes and remove from flame.
2. Cover the pot/pan with a lid and let the onions and chillies soak in it for 12 hours.
3. Drain the water from the onions and chillies and allow them to sun dry for a few hours.
4. The next day, warm vinegar in a pan and add the brown sugar to it. Also add all the whole spices like bay leaves, cloves and pepper to it.
5. Keep stirring it till the sugar dissolves completely. Pour it into a glass jar and allow it to cool for a few hours.
6. Now half fill the pickle jar with onions. Pour some vinegar over it. Fill rest of the onions and pour the vinegar over it again.
7. You can also add a bit of mustard oil if you want to make the pickle really spicy.
8. Refrigerate this pickle for at least 10-15 days before you eat it.
You can serve these spicy pickled onions with sandwiches and also with Indian foods like dal and rice.