- 17 min ago Angad Bedi and Neha Dhupia's Outfits Remind Us Of Raj-Simran From Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 1 hr ago You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- 1 hr ago 8 Essential Ways To Strengthen Your Heart
- 1 hr ago Viral: Cats' Funny Reactions To Cat Filters On Their Owners' Faces Will Keep You LOLing All Day
- Technology WhatsApp Will Not Work On These iOS, Android, Windows Phone Devices From 2020
- Movies Kapil Sharma On His Newborn: Feeling Blessed; This Is The Best Day Of My Life
- News Young Artiste 2020, India’s largest national level talent competition calls for applications
- Sports Rumour Has It: Everton to open talks with Arsenal-linked Ancelotti
- Finance PC Jeweller Shares Sink 9% After Care Ratings Downgrades Its FD To CARE D FD
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
If you are trying to get pregnant, then read this! Do you watch TV till late night? Do you have the habit of playing with your mobile phone till late night?
Do you leave the bed light on throughout the night? Well, all kinds of artificial light sources are bad when you are trying to conceive, say experts.
Also Read: What To Do Before Getting Pregnant
Those light sources may drastically reduce the chances of getting pregnant, say researchers. Here are more details about the study.
A Japanese study warns that artificial light exposure is bad. If your eyes or body is exposed to light from gadgets at night, it could reduce your fertility levels!
This fact was discovered in a rat study. When female rats were exposed to artificial light during the night time, they suffered infertility. This effect is seen mainly in rats which are in their middle ages.
Also Read: 12 Surprising Ways You Can Get Pregnant Without Knowing
Is there any link between fertility and light? Artificial light affects the circadian rhythms of the body.
From sleeping patterns to menstrual cycles, the body clock needs to manage certain functions. Melatonin has a role in this whole process.
Also Read: 7 Surprising Facts About Getting Pregnant!
When it gets dark, your brain gets a signal to release melatonin to make you feel sleepy. When you are filling your space with artificial light, your sleep cycles get disturbed because enough of melatonin doesn't get secreted.
Also, melatonin levels also affect hormones of reproduction (progesterone and estrogen). This is the link between light and fertility.
Also Read: Is It Safe To Get Pregnant After 50?
Though a rat study has confirmed this, researchers say that the results apply to humans as well. And women who are above 35 should be careful with artificial light sources.