- 1 hr ago November 2020: Important Festivals Falling In This Month
- 1 hr ago Poor Intimate Hygiene Linked To Being One Of The Biggest Causes Of Cervical Cancer
- 3 hrs ago Happy Birthday Ananya Panday: 4 Times The Actress Flaunted Her Love For Black On Red Carpet
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 30 October 2020
- Technology Indian Army Launches SAI Messaging App With End-To-End Encryption
- Movies Heropanti 2: Tara Sutaria To Play Tiger Shroff's Love Interest In The Film
- Education HPBOSE 12th Compartment Result 2020: How To Check Plus Two Supplementary Result 2020
- News Gujarat by-polls 2020: 7 candidates have very serious pending criminal cases against them
- Finance Voluntary Pension Scheme For Traders And PM-SYM To Be Brought Under EPFO
- Automobiles New Mahindra Thar Receives Custom Body-Kit By DC Designs: Here Are The Details!
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs RR Dream11 Team Prediction, Tips, Best Playing 11 Details
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In November
Indigestion causes gases and bloating in the abdomen. It has become a common problem now-a-days. Our wrong eating habits and lifestyle contributes to almost all stomach problems including indigestion and gases. Sometimes food allergies is also one of the reasons.
Many people find it hard to digest pulses, legumes, beans, cereals, fibre rich foods, eggs, milk etc. In such a case, you have to identify the food causing allergy and avoid that food.
You can also try to cook the food in a different way or for a longer period of time so that it gets digested well. In case of milk, you can mix oats or some dark chocolate powder to it to prevent gases.
Indigestion and bloating causes much discomfort and is an embarrassing situation. Every time you eat food, your tummy ends up being full of gas. There must be some quick and easy remedy for this.
We have come up with some simple tips that can help you to digest your food well and prevent gases.
Chew Your Food Properly
Gases and bloating is mainly caused due to improper digestion of food. Chewing your food makes it easier to digest. The process of chewing food breaks down the food and mixes it with the saliva and thus, first step of digestion starts there.
Check For Food Allergy
If you are allergic to certain foods, it can cause gases and bloating. Identify these foods and avoid them. Milk also causes allergy to some people called as lactose intolerance. They can't digest the lactose sugar present in the milk.
Eat your food slowly to avoid gases in stomach. When you eat your food in hurry, you swallow air which can cause bloating.
Eat Small Frequent Meals
If you are having the problem of gases in your stomach, eat your food in smaller intervals rather than having a large meal three times a day. This will help in the proper digestion of food and prevent the formation of gases.
Massage Your Tummy
Massaging your abdomen helps to remove gases from your abdomen. Massage your tummy in a circular motion applying a firm pressure. This will help to release the trapped gas.
Have Peppermint Tea
Peppermint tea soothes the stomach as it contains menthol. Peppermint tea will also help in digestion and releasing gases from stomach. Drink a cup of peppermint tea after meals to prevent bloating.
Chew few cloves of cardamom as it will help in the expulsion of gases (carminative) and aid in digestion. Cardamom will also aid in the digestion of food if you have eaten excess food.
Avoid Carbonated Drinks
They contain carbon dioxide gas that create bubbles which are trapped in the stomach causing bloating and gases. Always have plain water instead of any sugary or carbonated drinks.
Eat Potassium Rich Foods
You can have spinach, bananas, nuts etc that are rich in potassium. Potassium is important in regulating the fluid balance in the body and thus, also helps to prevent stomach bloating caused by excess fluids.
Let The Gases Be Released
Holding gases in your belly will cause bloating and abdominal pain. You must take a walk to release the gases otherwise they can cause much discomfort.