- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 13 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- 14 hrs ago Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Is All Set To Rule The Fashion World And Here Is Proof!
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor Gives A Hug To Mom Neetu At Her Birthday Dinner, Karan Johar Joins The Celebrations
- Sports Suarez surpasses Kubala, Espanyol relegated
- Automobiles Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Tejas Networks Locked In 5% Upper Circuit On Share Purchase By Kedia Securities
- News Heavy rains in Uttarakhand trigger landslides, IMD predicts heavy to very heavy rains
- Technology List Of Upcoming Budget 5G Smartphones In India
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Just like dark brown chocolate, white chocolate is also a favourite among all the people. White chocolate consists of cocoa butter, sugar and milk solids and is characterized by a pale yellow or ivory appearance.
White chocolate is the most fragile form of all chocolates and lacks chocolate flavour due to the absence of the chocolate liquor which gives dark brown chocolate its bitter flavour and colour.
Not only dark brown chocolates, but also white chocolates are a great addition in dessert recipes. Chefs and bakers are experimenting the ways with which white chocolates can be used to enhance both savoury and sweet dishes.
Therefore, you can splurge on white chocolate occasionally without harming your health. Read on to know more about the 10 surprising good facts on white chocolates.
1. It Has Calcium
White chocolate is made with milk, it contains about 169 milligrams of calcium. A human body requires calcium for stronger bones and teeth. Calcium also supports the normal functioning of the heart, muscles and nerves as well.
White chocolate is derived from cocoa butter, which is made from the cacao plant and the plant has been known to have antioxidants like flavonoids. Due to its antioxidant properties, white chocolates improve cardiovascular health and also help lower blood pressure.
3. Prevents Hypertension
White chocolate contains many substances, especially linoleic acid that is beneficial for the body, especially the blood vessels. Linoleic acid helps in the proper functioning of the heart which allows it to pump the blood, thus making the heart rate more stable.
4. Maintains Cholesterol Level
Eating a white chocolate will lower the bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. White chocolates also help in the absorption of vitamins from the foods that the body consumes while eating. White chocolates also protect you from coronary heart disease.
5. Prevents Gout
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation in the joints and leads to joint pain. It is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint. White chocolates contain high antioxidants that have the ability to crack the uric acid molecules that accumulate in the joints.
6. Helps Reduce The Risk Of Breast Cancer
A research conducted states that white chocolate can reduce the risk of breast cancer. It is because of the presence of polyphenols in chocolate that act as an antioxidant, which prevents the growth of cancer cells.
7. Improves Sleep
Sleep is crucial for every person, as it lets the body to relax. Lack of improper sleep may cause stress and irritation. So, white chocolate has a high content of dopamine, which serves as an anaesthetic, wherein the brain will be calmer and more relaxed when you sleep.
8. Improves Eating Disorders
Eating disorders can be dangerous for health. So, to prevent eating disorders, eating a piece of white chocolate for dessert will leave a lingering sweet taste in the mouth. Many patients who are suffering from eating disorders can cure themselves by eating a white chocolate.
9. Improves Memory
The flavonoids in chocolate are very helpful to the brain. This flavonoid reorganizes the memory formation, especially long-term memory. People who eat white chocolate will be spared from dementia. Dementia is known to affect both long-term and short-term memory loss patients.
10. Makes You Happy
No matter in what bad mood you are, white chocolate will make your day. If you have a bad day or if something is worrying you, just take a bite of a piece of white chocolate. It is because white chocolate can help produce feel good hormones in the body.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.