- 1 hr ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 3 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 4 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 4 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Always wanted Dhoni to bat up the order: Sourav Ganguly
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Movies Sridevi’s Last Film Mom Turns 3; Netizens Call It One Of The Best Thrillers Of Bollywood
- News Coronavirus: West Bengal to club containment, buffer zones; enforce tougher lockdown from July 9
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
There are many fruits and vegetables that are used for beauty treatments. From skin to hair care, we use several fruits and veggies like papaya, mangoes, strawberries, avocado, carrots etc. Did you know that pumpkin too can offer various skin and beauty benefits?
Pumpkin is an underrated vegetable, be it for cooking or for beauty treatments. We do not include too much pumpkin in our diet. It is very healthy and nutritious as it is loaded with vitamins, nutrients and minerals that are required by the body. Pumpkin is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, E and antioxidants that are good for the overall health.
Pumpkin contains alpha and beta carotene, retinoic acid which acts as exfoliants. If applied on face, pumpkin removes dead skin cells, exfoliates and cleanses the skin. Moreover, pumpkin benefits the skin by lightening sun tan and sunburn. The vegetable is also good for your hair as it contains potassium which helps in hair re-growth. Massage your scalp with pumpkin pulp to fight hair fall and increase hair growth.
After knowing these beauty benefits of pumpkin, you would definitely like to try some face packs to get a clear, nourished and moisturised skin naturally. Here are few pumpkin face packs to help you out.
Pumpkin face packs:
Just massage your face with pumpkin pulp for around 10 minutes every day. It cleanses, exfoliates and lightens the skin tone.
Egg face pack with pumpkin
Mix pumpkin pulp with 1 egg white and add few drops of milk and honey to it. Mix well and apply the paste on your face, neck and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water to get a glowing complexion and acne-free skin.
Pumpkin with apple cider vinegar
If you have oily skin, then try this pumpkin face pack. Mash pumpkin pulp into a thick paste. Add few drops of honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix well and apply this face pack on your skin. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. This pack works well for people with oily skin.
Pumpkin with sugar and milk
Want to lighten the skin tone with this vegetable? Mash a slice of pumpkin and add 1/2 tsp sugar in it. Apply it and scrub for 4-5 minutes. Leave for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cold water. This face pack treats acne, lightens dark spots and improves skin complexion.
Pumpkin with Bengal gram flour
This can be used as a scrub or even face pack. Mash a pumpkin slice and add Bengal gram flour to make a semi-thick consistency. Add few drops of milk and lemon juice; apply and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. This face pack is suitable to all skin types and can be applied twice or thrice a week.
Pumpkin with curd
It is an instant glow homemade face pack. Mix pumpkin pulp with curd and add few drops of lemon juice and honey. Mix well and apply on the face & neck. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Pumpkin with almonds
This face pack gives the effect of a fruit facial. Mix pumpkin pulp with grounded almond powder and add few drops of honey to it. Massage or scrub on the face and rinse with cold water.
Pumpkin with sandalwood powder
Want to get rid of acne? Try this homemade pumpkin face pack. Sandalwood powder reduces acne and lightens acne scars. Mix pumpkin pulp with sandalwood powder. Add little honey if required and apply the face pack. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water to get rid of acne naturally.