Researchers have recently come up with the study which proved the effect of exercise and stress on lupus. They found that moderate exercise, even for 45 minutes, helped decrease the inflammatory damage to the kidneys.
This research which was conducted by the Ohio State University proposed that exercise reduced the stress levels that are known to increase inflammation in the body.
They found that exposure to daily stress can cause substantial kidney damage. They found out that stress reduction and a daily physical activity should be considered along with the physical treatment.
Their research proved that there was a significant amount of decrease in the inflammation levels. If you have been wondering, can exercise help reduce lupus, then this might have answered your doubts.
We have also provided a list that will let you know about the foods you should eat when you have lupus.
Read further to know about the lupus diet meal plan.
1. Go For Fatty Fish:
You need to consume fish that is high in omega 3s. You must make sure to eat more of salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines. Omega 3s are polyunsaturated fatty acids that help protect against and reduce inflammatory conditions. This is one of the top foods to eat with lupus.
2. Get More Calcium-rich Foods:
The steroid drugs that you may take to control lupus can thin your bones as a side effect. This can make you more vulnerable to fractures. Hence, to avoid this, you need to eat foods that are high in calcium and vitamin D like low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt, tofu, beans, etc.
3. Limit Saturated And Trans Fat:
You must make sure to not eat foods that contain saturated and trans fat. This is especially true for people with lupus. Steroids can increase your appetite and can cause you to gain weight. So, it is important to watch what you eat.
4. Eat Both Raw And Cooked Vegetables:
These will help in providing your body with the required amount of nutrition. Some of the best choices include leafy greens, garlic, onions, artichoke, bell peppers, beets, mushrooms and avocado. This is one of the best lupus diet meal plans.
5. Fresh Fruits:
It is mandatory that you consume fresh fruits on an everyday basis. Berries, pomegranate and cherries are especially beneficial due to their high antioxidant levels. This is one of the best foods you should eat when you have lupus.
6. Probiotic Foods:
Foods that contain natural probiotics like yogurt, kefir, kombucha and cultured veggies like sauerkraut and kimchi are the best for lupus.
- 9 Out Of 10 Patients With Lupus Are Women! Read To Know Its Early Warning Signs
- Autoimmune Diseases That Every Woman Should Know About
- 7 Early Signs Of Lupus You Should Know About
- 10 Plant-based Protein Foods For Weight Loss
- The Best Finger Foods For Your Toddler
- Foods That Clean Your Arteries And Heart
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart
- What To Eat For Breakfast When Trying To Lose Weight
- List Of 10 Foods That Do Not Expire
- 10 Foods That Will Help You Sleep Well
- 10 Foods That Are High In Amino Acid Content
- 9 Inflammatory Foods That Cause Weight Gain
- How Many Grams Of Protein A Woman Needs Per Day?