- News NSA Ajit Doval reaches north-east Delhi, to take stock of situation
- Movies Pictures: Niveditha Gowda And Chandan Shetty Dazzle At Their Wedding Reception!
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Chennaiyin FC vs NorthEast United FC: Chennaiyin to face Goa after NorthEast draw
- Finance GOI Savings Taxable Bonds: An Alternative To Fixed Deposits
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones For Rs. 799
- Automobiles New 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Launched In Bangalore: Prices Start At Rs 64,584
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
There are so many strange things that happen in the world and there are a few which do not have any logic. Here is such a case where a banyan tree has been chained in Pakistan for years!
You May Also Like To Read: List Of Oldest Languages In The World
Check out the reason for it being under arrest for over a century and there is hardly any reason for which people are not willing to let go of the chains.
The reason for the tree arrest seems to be really crazy and bizarre, but we wonder why did they even think of taking such a drastic step of holding a tree under arrest!
Find out about this tree that has been under arrest for more than 100 years!
Where Did This Happen?
It happened in Pakistan's Landi Kotal army cantonment area. The tree was chained to prevent it from moving! What, really?? Seriously??
It Has Been Chained Since 1898
The tree was put under arrest more than a century ago by a British officer named James Squid.
Why Did He Take This Step?
When he was under the influence of alcohol, he thought that the tree was lurching towards him and hence demanded that the tree should be chained.
The Punishment Was...
According to the officer, he wanted to punish the offender (tree), hence, he decided on chaining it as a punishment for moving from its place, the British officer ordered the mess sergeant to arrest the tree!!
The Ridiculous Part...
Even to this day, the tree stands chained with a signboard that is hanging from its branches which reads, "I am under arrest". *Sigh* Poor tree!
If you have any comments or opinions on this, then do share your thoughts in the comment section below.