- 2 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 4 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 5 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 5 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- News PM Modi to address global audience at India Global Week 2020
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Cancer is something that can happen to anybody; and what if the profession that you choose can make you prone to cancer?
If you think that white-collar jobs will reduce the risk of cancer, then watch out, as sitting in one place for long hours and doing less physical activities are known as important cancer risk factors.
Also Read: Check How Gummy Bears Are Made!
Here, in this article, we are about to share the list of jobs that can actually give you cancer.
These are the jobs that shoot up the risk of cancer instantly. So, make sure to take double care if you are in any of these professions!
Also Read: Do You Know There Are 7 Types Of Breasts?
Check them out...
Studies have revealed that working on late night shifts can trigger the risk of cancer. This is due to the circadian rhythm disruption in the body. This disruption is linked to breast cancer in women and lung cancer in men. So, for people who opt for night shifts, better be careful!
Studies have found that people with desk-bound jobs and no physical activity are more prone to the couch potato syndrome. The risk of contracting colon, endometrial, breast or lung cancer is high with these desktop workers.
Pilots & Flight Crew
Scientists claim that pilots and flight crew members have overexposure to UV and cosmic radiations. This is due to them being at higher altitudes for a long time. This increases the cancer risk further.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer has proved that diesel exhaust fumes are carcinogenic in nature. Hence, drivers are more prone to suffer from lung cancer, as they mostly inhale these gases for long hours.
These employees have a greater risk for kidney and larynx cancers. A detailed research has proved that women who are in this field have 75% greater risk of developing breast cancer.
Miners come in contact with many poisonous metals and there have been deaths that are related to this profession. They have a higher risk of contracting deadly stomach, brain or thyroid cancer.
Plastic Industry Workers
The workers in this industry are susceptible to liver, kidney and larynx cancers. This is because they are overexposed to wood dust, cadmium and lots of other toxic fumes.
This is a shocker, but it is quite serious. The hairdresser is constantly exposed to harmful chemicals that are present in the dyes and colours used. They are more prone to bladder, larynx and lung cancers.
Did you know that skin cancer is the most common form of cancer that can affect construction workers? Well, it is! Apart from this, the other common cancer that these employees suffer from is lungs cancer. This is due to the dust and asbestos present in the air or the materials they handle!
Apart from these professions, the other professionals who are prone to cancer are factory and industry workers, rubber manufacturers, recycling workers, farmers, mechanics, and even manicurists and pedicurists!