- 1 hr ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 14 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 18 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- News Bengal lockdown: Shootings of TV serials, films to halt from today
- Movies Khiladi: Ravi Teja-Arjun Sarja’s Action Thriller To Get A Direct OTT Release?
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Djokovic denies spirited Sonego to set up Nadal final in Rome
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Should you store bread in the refrigerator or should you store tomatoes in it? These questions might linger in your mind when you are planning to put foods in the refrigerator. When it comes to storing food properly, there are many conventions that some people swear by and others will probably argue.
A refrigerator is a convenient machine for storing and preserving foods and in maintaining the quality of the food. But, did you know that a refrigerator can cut the number of antioxidants from foods?
Refrigerating some foods can actually change the flavour, which might not be good for your health. It can reduce their nutritional value or accelerate the spoiling process.
Some foods never belong in the refrigerator. To avoid spoiling the taste and texture from your food, here are 11 foods that you should never refrigerate.
Keeping bread in the fridge causes it to dry faster and you will end up eating dry bread. Instead, you can store the bread at room temperature or store it in a bread box. If you want, you can finish eating the bread within a few days, otherwise it might be filled with mildew.
If basil is stored below 40 degrees F, it turns black quickly. Adding this while cooking your dishes will lead to the loss in flavour and it might turn poisonous. Instead, keep it in a shady place or put it inside a zip-lock plastic bag.
Fruits like avocado, apples, banana, citrus fruits, berries, peaches and apricots should not be stored in the refrigerator. Keeping them in the fridge will result in loss of their flavours and textures. However, if you want a crispy bite, you can keep the fruit for 30 minutes prior to eating it.
The best way to store onions is in a paper bag, in a cool, dark place. Keep it away from the potatoes, as they release moisture and gases that can cause the onions to rot. If you keep onions in the fridge, it might soften due to the moisture and you wouldn't like to eat these onions.
Potatoes when kept in cold temperatures convert potato starch into sugar, which might be harmful for health. Adding these potatoes in cooking might result in a sweet flavour. Store them in an paper bag in a cool pantry.
Tomatoes lose their flavour and start becoming mushy when it is stored inside the refrigerator. The tomato quality would go bad and lose its nutritional value. You can keep the tomatoes outside in natural air and it will prevent from becoming soft.
Cooking oils are much safe to store at room temperature. If an oil is lower in saturated-fat content, like sunflower or safflower, it should be kept outside in a dark place. The only oils that you should refrigerate are nut-based oils.
Pickles are high on preservatives and if it is kept in a fridge, it might get spoilt easily and can cause harmful effects in the body. It is better to store the pickles outside the fridge and keep it in an open space, so that there's good air circulation around it.
Melons should be kept outside the fridge because if you refrigerate it, they tend to break down and become powdery and grainy. To keep the flavour intact, melons need to be stored at room temperature.
If you have been storing garlic in the fridge, then you are making a mistake. Refrigeration reduces the flavour of the garlic and affects the lifespan of it. The cool moisture environment can actually cause mold to develop, which might not be good for your health.
If you keep coffee in the refrigerator, it will lose its flavour and actually take on some of the odours in the refrigerator. This might not be good for your health. Instead, store coffee in a cool, dark place to retain its flavour and freshness.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your friends.