- just now 6 Impressive Health Benefits Of Buckwheat Tea
- 33 min ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 45 min ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- Finance This Is Why Bank Stocks Surged In Friday's Session
- News Maha government formation: Sena will lead for next "25 Years", says Sanjay Raut
- Technology Apple Research App For iPhone, Watch Goes Live: All You Need To Know
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City & United want Inter's Martinez as Atletico eye Rakitic
- Movies Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar To Play Sanyogita In Akshay Kumar’s Prithviraj
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
With so many varieties of cooking oils available today, choosing the healthiest of them is difficult. But, often people get confused which oil is considered best for cooking. People suffering with weight problems due to high cholesterol levels are often worried about the same, and this is a major concern nowadays.
So, people are opting for healthier oils that will keep them healthy and also bring a good taste to the food. Edible oil is free of odour and flavour, good for frying, has a light colour and also has a good shelf-life.
There are certain parameters to choose healthy edible oils, which include oil with higher smoking point, it should contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, the components of the oil should be stable and finally avoiding those oils that contain saturated fats.
Choosing the best oils for cooking will keep you healthy as well as provide you with the right amount of nutrients. We list some of the top 11 healthiest cooking oils. Take a look.
1. Peanut Oil
Peanut oil, also known as groundnut oil, is a preferred essential oil for deep frying due to its high smoking point. This oil can be used several times, as it does not absorb the flavour of the food, which is ideal for cooking fish and other Asian dishes.
2. Avocado Oil
Avocado oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids that are healthy for the heart. It can withstand heat and has a high smoking point, which is ideal for cooking, grilling, sautéing and frying. Avocado oil can also be added in salad dressings as well.
3. Olive Oil
We all know the benefits of olive oil and how healthy it is. Olive oil is an apt choice for weight-conscious people, which is packed with monounsaturated fatty acids, making it highly resistant to heat. Use this oil for deep frying, salad dressings and for sautéing veggies.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil provides various health benefits, such as it promotes a healthy digestive tract and increases energy. It has a high smoking point that can be used in various types of cooking like in the preparation of soup, stews and curries.
5. Palm Oil
Palm oil is extracted from the fruit of the palm high in saturated fat. Palm oil contains vitamin E, carotenes and lycopene. It is used in sautéing or frying due to its high smoking point and remains stable under high heat.
6. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a good source of vitamin E and has a high smoking point, making it suitable for cooking food. This light-coloured oil consists of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and is great for all sorts of baking like cakes, cookies, cinnamon buns and muffins.
7. Walnut Oil
Walnut oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and has a medium-to-high smoking point. The oil is one of the best sources of antioxidants and also lowers cholesterol, making it healthy. It is also rich in Vitamins K and E and is ideal for baking, sautéing and perfect for salad dressings.
8. Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame seed oil has a light nutty flavour, which is great for stir-fries. This oil lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart diseases and also it is best used for sautéing and baking.
9. Flax Seed Oil
Flax seed oil is high in essential omega-3 fatty acids and it is known to reduce inflammatory diseases and arthritis. Flax seed oil can be used in all types of cooking like grilling meat, baking cakes, muffins and also it can be added in protein shakes or vegetable juices.
10. Vegetable Oil
Vegetable oil is commonly used in all types of cooking and it is a blend of many different types of refined oils. It has a high smoking point, which is good for deep frying and high heat sautéing.
11. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil contains antibacterial properties and it is high in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. Mustard oil is mostly used for deep frying and incorporating it in cooking will protect you against heart diseases.