- 3 min ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Turn Stylish Fashion Inspiration For Couples As They Match From Head-To-Toe
- 33 min ago The Wild Dog Actress Saiyami Kher Flaunts Two Stunning Outfits; Which One Will You Pick?
- 53 min ago Ramadan 2021: Tips For A Stronger Immune System When Fasting
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Some Myths And Facts Associated That One Need To Know
- Movies Why Did Geeta Basra Never Return To Acting After Marrying Harbhajan Singh?
- News AdmitNXT to revolutionise the admission process in India
- Finance Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: How To Check Your Name In The List Of Beneficiaries?
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Education MPBSE MP Board Exam 2021 Postponed For Class 10, 12 Amid Covid Crisis
- Sports IPL 2021: Williamson is coming along well, says Bayliss
- Automobiles Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
You know what? Caffeine is the world's most popular stimulant. Its almost everywhere. It is in your coffee, tea, the sodas and even in some desserts that you enjoy after a meal.
And yes, it gives you a high whether you have ever realised it or not. And yes, many studies say that it is a drug; a psychoactive drug! But it doesn't come under drugs that create hallucinations. It just affects your mental state.
Also Read: You Do Not Need Coffee To Keep You Awake
Drinking a cup of coffee a day is safe but stay away form energy drinks, caffeine pills and cubes. They may have side effects. Here are some more facts about caffeine....
Firstly, caffeine acts on your nervous system. It quickly makes you alert and helps you move faster. Yes, it creates certain changes in your mind and body after you consume it.
You thought that caffeine is safe compared to all other drugs out there. Of course, you won't die if you have a cup of coffee, but wait. High doses can kill. There are people who died only due to caffeine overdose!
Also Read: Is Coffee Good Or Bad?
When you stop its consumption suddenly, even caffeine causes withdrawal symptoms! Those who consume caffeine through pills or supplements may have higher chances of over-dosage and addiction.
Why coffee and chocolate have similarities? Well, its a chemical compound known as theobromine in cocoa that is responsible. It is almost like caffeine.
Also Read: Does Coffee Kill Male Fertility?
Do you need to avoid caffeine? No. In fact, drink a cup of coffee a day. It helps in preventing certain health issues like cancer, type 2 diabetes, dementia and cardiovascular issues. Use coffee like a medicine and use it in moderation.
Pregnant women may need to stay away from caffeine as it is said to raise the risk of miscarriage and insomnia.
Also Read: Why Green Tea Is Better Than Coffee?
Though it has some health benefits, it is very important to limit its consumption. As caffeine is a stimulant, it can be addictive and may cause withdrawal symptoms too. Also, high doses can kill. Stay away from caffeine pills, supplements and powders. Drink only a cup of coffee a day.