How to improve gut health? Firstly, what is gut flora and why should it be improved? Well, your gut contains millions of microorganisms which can play a major role in keeping you healthy or unhealthy.
Your gut flora can control your immunity, digestion, your stress levels and overall health in many ways. Only when your gut flora is in the right balance, you will be able to feel good and healthy. If it is disturbed, your health goes for toss.
Down there, there is a big colony of microorganisms which live in harmony when your lifestyle is proper. Your gut flora also helps your body in fighting infections, absorb nutrients from food and use them well for your healthy being.
Now, how to improve gut health after antibiotics? The first step is through diet. Probiotics help. When you improve gut flora, you will be able to prevent obesity, heart issues, diabetes and even cancer.
The next step to improve gut flora is to avoid certain things. They are: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, artificial ingredients, fatty foods, antibiotics, stress etc.
So, how to improve gut flora health? Here are some foods that can improve gut flora.
Yoghurt can maintain the right balance of bacteria in the colony. It can control yeast and prevent digestive issues too. If you can't tolerate curd, even soy milk can do a good job.
This is a healthy drink which is creamy and tasty. It contains probiotics that improve gut flora.
Cheddar and Swiss cheese contain lactic acid. Even cottage cheese is a good food for gut bacteria.
Also Read:The Link Between Stress And Gut Bacteria
This is a Korean dish which contains fermented cabbage. It contains vitamins A, C, B2, B2 and beta carotene.
Not all pickles but the ones which are sour can do some good to the gut flora. But stay away from commercial pickles that contain sugar, preservatives and artificial ingredients.
This is a fermented dish that helps in boosting immunity. It also offers vitamins and boosts digestion.
Dark chocolate contains both antioxidants as well as probiotics which can improve your digestive system.
Also Read:Is Gut Bacteria Good For Our Brain?
If your diet isn't rich in probiotics, you can always take supplements that boost gut flora. Consult your doctor to prescribe you probiotic supplements.
- 10 Simple Home Remedies To Eliminate Stress
- 10 Ways To Relax At Home After Work
- 10 Best Relaxing Drinks To Make At Home
- How To Help Your Child Deal With Exam Stress
- 10 Important Facts About Red Wine That Will Blow Your Mind
- How To Manage Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy
- 9 Ways You Are Unknowingly Harming Your Immune System
- 10 Health Benefits Of Potassium
- 10 Helpful Tips To Follow After Experiencing A Heart Attack Scare
- 15 Impressive Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- 12 Health Benefits Of Peanut Butter That Will Surprise You
- 10 Health Benefits Of Swimming You May Not Know About
- 17 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Weight Loss Goals