- Finance Lost Property Documents- Procedure for getting duplicate papers of property when you lose them
- Sports India Vs New Zealand 3rd ODI: Indore Holkar Cricket Stadium Pitch Report, Weather Forecast, Stats & Record
- News Air India Urination incident: Pilots' body mulls legal action against suspension of pilot
- Travel Aamchi Mumbai Ready to Celebrate Long weekends in 2023?
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 Ranking: Priyanka Choudhary Retains, Shiv Jumps To No.3. THIS Contestant Tops Most Popular List
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 59,000 Units – More Than 890 Per Cent Growth Achieved
- Technology BharOS Mobile OS From IIT Madras-Linked Startup Announced: To Challenge Android OS?
- Education Career opportunities for Digital Marketing in India 2023
When you stand or sit, what supports your entire body is your skeleton which is nothing but a set of bones. During your younger years, if you don't protect your bones and strengthen them, you may again regret when you grow old.
Also Read: How To Check Your Fitness Levels
Weaker bones may make life hell as every single activity like walking, standing or sitting needs the support of your bones.
Also Read: Why Sleep Is The Best Painkiller?
And what determines the strength of your bones? Well, it is the density of your bones that is important. When your bone mass or density dips, they become porous and that is when they tend to become weaker.
You can't live a safe life when your bones are weak. So, let us look at the factors that make your bones weak.
We all know that protein is food for the muscles. In the same way, your bones need calcium to become dense. When you don't eat enough calcium, your bones literally starve. So, your diet needs to provide you with the right amounts of calcium.
Gender & Age
Some studies claim that women are more vulnerable to osteoporosis than men. With age, you tend to lose bone density. That's a natural and inevitable change. So, as you age, ensure that you increase your calcium intake.
Lack Of Activity
When your life lacks enough of physical activity, you may lose bone density in the long run. Studies claim that physical activity can prevent osteoporosis.
Smoking And Drinking
Many studies have confirmed that habits like smoking and drinking can negatively affect the bone density. As alcohol interferes with calcium absorption, your bone density may suffer.
If you are genetically predisposed to any kind of bone disorders then you may need to be careful in order to bring down your risk.
Some drugs including steroids can also maximise the risk of suffering bone-related issues like osteoporosis.
In some cases, even accidents could cause bone loss. Of course, only a medical practitioner could advise what to do in such a case.
- wellnessWorld Osteoporosis Day 2020: Foods That Are Bad For Osteoporosis
- wellnessWorld Autoimmune Arthritis Day (May 20): Autoimmune Diseases And Types
- diet fitness11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- wellnessAll You Need To Know About Bone Density Test
- wellnessWorld Osteoporosis Day: Date, Theme And History
- wellnessWorld Pediatric Bone And Joint Day 2019: Date And Theme
- nutritionFrom Immunity Boosting To Weight Loss, Here Are 10 Health Benefits Of Feijoa (Pineapple Guava)
- nutrition10 Lesser Known Health Benefits Of Tahini
- nutritionHow To Make Bones Stronger Naturally
- nutrition10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- nutrition10 Health Benefits Of Tilapia Fish
- diet fitness10 Health Benefits Of Jogging