- 2 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 3 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 5 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 122 Synopsis: Vikas Gupta And Shefali Jariwala Enter The House Once Again!
- News 'Entry of woman into mosque for Namaz is permitted in Islam': Muslim board to SC
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Itchy gums could irritate you and spoil your sleep too. They can be due to many issues like gum diseases, allergies, germs or even dry mouth.
Also Read: Why Vegetarian Blood Is Healthier
You can prevent that itchy sensation and minimise the inflammation using certain home remedies. But if the problem persists even after trying remedies, meeting a dentist would be very necessary.
Certain reasons behind itchy gums could be bacterial infections, viral infections, fungal infections, deficiencies, medicines, teeth grinding, stress, allergy and even periodontal disease.
Here are some home remedies to get rid of the itchy gums.
Try rinsing your mouth with cold water. This may help flush out food remnants or germs that cause the itching. Also, it may soothe the inflammation.
Place an ice cube on the affected gums. This may soothe inflammation and also keep the gum hydrated.
Try gargling with saltwater. Add a spoon of salt to a glass of hot water. Gargle for a few seconds and wash your mouth.
Wash your mouth with hydrogen peroxide solution. It can cure inflammation. Mix a spoon of hydrogen peroxide in half a cup of water and swish. Spit the solution after you wash your mouth with it.
Use baking soda. Prepare a paste by mixing a few drops of water into a teaspoon of baking soda. This paste can handle bacterial infections that cause the itchiness.
Avoid spicy food, coffee, smoking and acidic foods. They make the inflammation and itching sensation worse.
Aloe vera can reduce oral inflammation. Apply its gel on itchy gums for quick relief.
If none of these remedies work, it is important to visit you dentist.