- 50 min ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 3 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 3 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 4 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- News Coronavirus: West Bengal to club containment, buffer zones; enforce tougher lockdown from July 9
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Sports England vs West Indies 1st Test: Dream11 Team Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- Technology MTNL Offering Double Data Benefits With Its FTTH Plans
- Movies Actors Are Lied To About Their Roles In Films, This Is Worse Than Nepotism: Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Honey, which is often referred to as the liquid gold, should be a must have for every one on a daily basis. Due to its innumerable health benefits honey has been in use since primitive times to cure several diseases.
Due to its medicinal properties, honey has been one of the most important ingredients for ayurveda medication. Apparently even the doctors are prescribing it as an additional supplement along with the medicines.
Also Read: Reasons You Should Have Methi Water
Does honey help boost immunity level? Or how do we use it for cough? If you are still having these queries then you need to check out this article.
Honey is commonly available across the continent and it can be consumed in various forms. A few people mix it along with water and then have it, a few just spread it in the form of jam and a few also add it as a seasoning to their favourite chicken menu or even salads.
Also Read: Home Remedy For Gastritis Pain
Excepting the infants below 12 months old, honey is a must have for all age groups of people - right from kids, to adults and the elderly.
10 major health benefits of this liquid gold are here. Take a look.
Known for its antimicrobial properties, the glucose oxidase present in honey helps subside gas formation and aids in better digestion.
Honey consists of a compound called tryptophan that helps you sleep better. Add a teaspoon of honey to a glass of warm milk and then mix it properly. Drink this before going to bed. This helps to provide you with good sleep.
3. Boosts Immunity:
Known for its anti-bacterial properties, honey helps in boosting one's immunity level and prevents the body from any kind of infection and allergies.
If you have cough just take a tablespoon of honey before going to sleep. This helps to soothe the cough and kills the bacteria and infection.
5. Blood Sugar:
Honey consists of fructose and glucose and along with this the antioxidant properties help in regulating the blood sugar levels.
6. Wounds & Burns:
Honey has antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It helps provide immediate relief for burns and heals the wounds.
Known for its antioxidant properties, honey helps in cutting down the cholesterol level. Take a glass of lukewarm water, add a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice and have this early in the morning or before going to bed.
If you have a burning sensation in the stomach and acidity, honey helps ease the acidity. It is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Take a glass of lukewarm water, add a teaspoon of honey and then mix it well and have it once a day.
9. Boosts Memory:
Honey is rich in antioxidants and it helps the brain to absorb calcium and thus aids in boosting memory. Have a teaspoon of honey each in the morning and before going to bed. It helps.
10. Reduces Fat:
Take a glass of lukewarm water, add a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice and have this early in the morning. This helps one to lose weight quickly.