- 1 hr ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 4 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 4 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 5 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- News PM Modi to address global audience at India Global Week 2020
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
These might taste a little bitter but these small yellow-coloured seeds are a storehouse of natural medicine and can be used to cure and prevent a lot of health problems. So today in this article we will be explaining about the numerous health benefits of drinking methi water.
Also, if you want to know how one needs to consume methi (fenugreek) seeds and water then here it is. All that one needs to do is to take about two teaspoons of methi, put them in a glass of drinking water, cover it and then allow this healthy spice to soak overnight.
Also Read: What Your Menstrual Blood Signifies
Strain the water and then drink it early in the morning on an empty stomach. If you want to reap its health benefits, do this for a month and you will see that the results are amazing.
Fenugreek, which is commonly known as methi, is one of the well known spices that are commonly used across Indian kitchens. So how does this fenugreek seed and water help? Loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, methi is also considered as one of the healthiest spices.
Also Read: Quick Treatment For Gastritis Pain
Due to these health benefits and its medicinal properties methi has been widely used as one of major components in Ayurveda as well as homeopathy.
The 9 major health benefits of drinking methi water are here. Have a look.
1. Aids In Weight Loss:
Drinking this methi-soaked water as well as chewing a few of these methi seeds helps suppress the appetite. Continue for a month and it aids in weight loss.
Methi water aids in better digestion and due to its anti-inflammatory properties it helps in providing relief from stomach burning as well.
3. Controls Blood Pressure:
Fenugreek contains a compound know as galactomannan and also potassium. These two ingredients help in controlling blood pressure.
4. Reduce Cholesterol Level:
Several studies have proved that methi or fenugreek has been found to suppress the bad cholesterol level and also at the same time maintain the good cholesterol level in the body.
Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, methi is known to help ease arthritis pain.
6. Prevents Cancer:
It is the fibre content in methi that helps remove the toxins from the body especially the colon and prevents cancer.
Methi contains galactomannan, one of the most important fibre compounds. This helps decrease the absorption of sugar in the blood, thus preventing diabetes.
8. Kidney Stone:
Drink methi soaked water for about a month early in the morning on an empty stomach. This helps in dissolving the stones quickly.
9. Helps Reduce Body Heat:
Fenugreek seeds helps in reducing body heat. Take a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds, soak it overnight in a glass of water. Strain it and drink the water in the morning. Also you can crush the soaked fenugreek seeds, make it a thick paste and apply it in your head. This provides a cooling effect.