- 19 min ago 15 Best Foods To Eat After A Workout
- 55 min ago 10 Reasons Why Marrying Your Best Friend Is A Wise Decision
- 1 hr ago January 2020 Fashion Edit: Katrina Kaif's Fashion Was About Denims, Saris, And Fuss-Free Casuals
- 2 hrs ago Saraswati Puja 2020: Exude Festive Vibes With These Ivory And Golden Designer Outfits
- Finance ITI FPO Deadline Extended; Price Band Revised
- News Old love relight: Gujarat man, woman who eloped weeks ahead of their kids marriage return home
- Movies Chunky Panday Reacts To Daughter Ananya's Comment On Him Never Starring In A Karan Johar Film
- Sports Alastair Cook, Ricky Skerritt appointed to MCC's World Cricket Committee
- Technology OnePlus Concept One Finally Coming To India On February 8
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Most of us love sodas. In fact, it is tough to imagine having a pizza or a burger without a fizzy drink. But the problem is: health experts have confirmed that they are very bad for health.
Also Read: What To Do If You Haven't Slept All Night
Yes, most of those sweetened carbonated drinks aren't good guys. They spoil your health and are addictive too. In fact, drinking sodas can be seen as bad as drinking liquor or smoking.
A primary estimate claims that fizzy drinks are responsible for more than 1,80,000 deaths per year! Well, such a number must be taken seriously.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Dal Rice
All it contains is sugar, gas and unwanted chemicals in it- there is no nutritional value to it; what hooks us to such a bad beverage? Well, the pleasure that addiction gives must be the only hook. There are many studies that also claim that fizzy drinks cause cancer too. Now, let us discuss some disturbing facts about soda.
Aspartame is a chemical that is present in sodas. This chemical is said to cause insomnia, depression and even neurological disorders.
Sodas cause cavities. They damage your teeth. The sugar content in fizzy drinks is the killer.
If you are not able to live without sodas, it clearly means you are addicted to them. Yes, they are additive and unhelathy.
Many studies also claim that too much of soda consumption can also cause gout. This could be due to the fructose content in drinks. Fructose could worsen uric acid levels that cause gout.
Generally, soda containers are coated with certain chemicals that may affect your endocrine system and may also impact your reproductive fitness in the long run.
Another study claims that men who excessively consume sodas may maximise their risk of heart failure by at least 20%. This could be due to the presence of artificial sweeteners in sodas which can lead to obesity, diabetes and cardio-vascular issues.
Sodas age you faster. Certain studies say that the sugar content in sodas tend to shorten telemores. Many studies say that regular consumption of sodas would age you faster.
The added colours of some fizzy drinks are said to be cancer-causing chemicals. Excessive consumption will affect your body in the long run.
The biggest problem with any sugary drink is that it gets unwanted calories that could cause obesity very fast.
Certain studies claim that regular consumption of fizzy drinks could cause certain kidney issues too. The reason could be the high levels of fructose in some fizzy drinks.