- 4 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Roe v. Wade Overturned: Why Is It Significant; Indian Laws On Abortion
- 14 hrs ago Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- News Kanhaiya Lal’s killing only shows the deep, dangerous pattern by Islamists to target Hindus
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Her Dunki Co-Star Shah Rukh Khan: Even Before I Met Him, His Journey Felt Too Personal
- Technology Cannot Wait For Nothing Phone 1? Get Moto Edge 30
- Finance India's Direct Selling Industry Ranks 12th Globally, Surpasses Retail Sales Of US $3.25bn
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Nick Kyrgios bemoans 'pure disrespect' after first-round win
- Automobiles 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Many of us are quite afraid of the process of ageing. The reasons for this may be varied. Wrinkles, fatigue, loose skin, overall deterioration of health, etc, are some of the age-related facts that worry us.
There are numerous age-related disorders that occur in people; and sadly, there is no cure for many of them.
In such cases, we should accept the harsh truth and work towards controlling symptoms and remaining relatively healthy as long as we can.
Arthritis is one such degenerative disorder that comes with age. It is quite common in older people and is known to have no cure, while its symptoms can be controlled.
Arthritis is a condition in which inflammation and stiffness of the joints occur, causing a lot of pain.
Arthritis can be caused by many reasons such as injury, abnormal metabolism, infections, genetics, etc. As mentioned earlier, there is no known cure for arthritis, but we can ease the pain through various therapeutic methods.
Usually, people suffering from arthritis are advised to take prescribed medication, physiotherapy and some times even surgery, which help to reduce the pain and stiffness.
Apart from those options, there are a few ways that help reduce the symptoms of arthritis naturally, with no side effects at all.
Let's have a look at some of the natural methods that help in controlling the arthritis symptoms.
1. Maintaining A Healthy Weight
If your are overweight or obese, it may lead to your arthritis pain getting worse, as your body weight leaves a lot of pressure on your joints, specially the knees, hips and feet. By losing weight or maintaining a healthy BMI, your arthritis pain will be reduced considerably.
2. Hot Baths
Therapists advice that people with arthritis pain can take hot or warm baths in the morning and allow their joints to be soaked in water for a long time. This helps ease pain and stiffness to a great extent. Additionally, they can also use electric heating pads on the affected areas to help reduce the pain.
3. Ice Packs
Wrapping an ice pack over your joints can help ease the pain quickly. Ice packs can also be substituted with frozen vegetable bags. Cold packs reduce the inflammation in the affected areas, thus reducing pain.
This age-old Chinese therapy uses needles, which are inserted in the problematic areas of the body to eliminate or reduce pain. Experts say that taking acupuncture therapy from professionals can help a great deal in treating arthritis pain.
5. Physical Activity
People suffering from arthritis are advised to exercise moderately, at least for 30 minutes every day, so that their joints get more flexible, thus reducing stiffness. Exercise also helps them to remain healthy and fit.
6. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Consuming foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help relieve joint pain and stiffness in arthritis patients, as these fatty acids nourish the bones and joints to a great extent. Fish oil supplements can also be considered, after consulting your physician.
7. Turmeric-based Dishes
Consumption of dishes with turmeric in them can also help with treating arthritis symptoms, is what experts say. Since turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help ease away pain and stiffness effectively.
8. Massage And Meditation
According to a research, getting massages from professionals on a regular basis can improve the blood flow to the problematic areas, thereby reducing arthritis pain and stiffness.
Also, meditating and using relaxation techniques on a daily basis can help patients cope with their pain. Experts say that meditating for about 30 minutes in a day can really make a difference and help arthritis patients deal effectively with their problems.
- wellnessWorld Bicycle Day 2022: Cycling And Arthritis; Are There Any Benefits? Is Indoor Or Outdoor Cycling Better?
- wellnessExpert Article: Robotic Knee Replacement For Osteoarthritis
- wellnessExpert Article: Ageing Is Not The Only Cause For Arthritis Of The Joint; Read About The Other Causes
- disorders cureAvascular Necrosis Cases In COVID-19 Recovered Patients Due To The Use Of Steroids: All About The Condition
- nutritionEssential Metals And Their Role In Human Health
- wellnessCracking Joints Cause Arthritis, 8 Glasses Of Water A Day And Other Common Health Myths
- wellness17 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Foot Pain
- wellnessWorld Arthritis Day 2020: Foods To Eat And Avoid For Arthritis
- wellnessWorld Autoimmune Arthritis Day (May 20): Autoimmune Diseases And Types
- nutrition8 Best Foods For Gout Diet
- wellnessWorld Pediatric Bone And Joint Day 2019: Date And Theme
- wellnessSparsh Foundation Announces Free Joint Replacement Surgery For 100 Retired Teachers