Do you know why dalia is good for health? Firstly, what's dalia? It is a delicious dish prepared with ground wheat, lentils and vegetables. Yes, it is tasty and healthy. In fact, in many places, dalia is served to people who are recovering from illnesses.
If you are someone who is trying to reduce the consumption of white rice, then dalia would be a good choice as it is made of broken wheat.
Also Read: 6 Health Benefits Of Sabudana
Also, vegetables like onions, carrots, beans and tomato are added to this dish making it more nutritious. Here are some health benefits of dalia.
Keeps You Full
It contains fibre. When you eat dalia in the morning, you feel full for longer. What is the benefit of it? When you feel full, you do not crave for snacks and this helps in maintaining healthy weight.
Can Diabetics Eat It?
Yes, even diabetics can enjoy this tasty dish. This food doesn't cause blood sugar spikes as it is made of complex carbs (ground wheat). Complex carbs result in a slow release of glucose into your blood.
Also Read: 11 Health Benefits Of Kadhi
As dalia contains fibre, it helps in digestion. If you are suffering from constipation then fibre-rich foods help in moving bowels.
Dalia offers many necessary nutrients to your body. One of them is magnesium. This mineral helps in calming down your nerves and falling asleep. It also helps soothe muscle aches.
Dalia is a good source of energy and that is why you can also eat it post workout.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Upma
Feeds Your Muscles
Dalia is a protein-rich food. So, it feeds your muscles and keep them happy.
Benefits Of Adding Vegetables
As you add vegetables like tomatoes, carrots and onions, you can enjoy their health benefits too. Actually, you can add your favourite vegetables to dalia to make it a nutritious mix.
- Sprouts Dhokla Recipe: How To Make Moong Dal Dhokla
- Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla At Home
- Green Gram Dosa Recipe: How To Prepare The Low-calorie Green Gram Dosa At Home
- Chana Dal Chutney Recipe: How To Make Kadalebele Chutney
- Vegetarian Haleem Recipe: How To Make Hyderabadi Haleem (Vegetarian)
- Chironji Ka Dalcha Recipe: How To Make Mutton And Chironji Ka Dalcha
- Narkel Diye Cholar Dal Recipe: How To Make Bengali-style Chana Dal With Fried Coconut
- Varan Bhaat Recipe: How To Make Maharashtrian Varan Bhaat
- 5 DIY Masoor Dal Face Pack Recipes (With Few Extra Ingredients) For The Weekdays
- Panchmel Dal Recipe: Rajasthani Panchratna Dal Recipe
- Health Benefits Of Matki
- Dal Baati Recipe: How To Make Dal Baati At Home
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley