When you are eating on empty stomach, you should choose your food carefully. Most of us grab something in the morning and rush to work without contemplating much on what is healthy to eat in the morning and what is not.
To begin with, most of us start the day with a cup of coffee. It is not really healthy. Is eating banana on empty stomach healthy? No. Is eating yogurt on empty stomach healthy? No! Some think that it is healthy to eat a cucumber on empty stomach.
Also Read: Is It Safe To Eat Fruits On Empty Stomach?
Actually, a cucumber can cause stomach pain, flatulence or heartburn when you eat it on empty stomach. Well, here are some healthy and unhealthy morning foods.
Is Eating Banana On Empty Stomach Healthy?
Bananas are rich in magnesium. But if you eat them on empty stomach, they could raise the levels of magnesium in your blood which is not so healthy for your heart.
It is not at all advisable to eat anything that is sweet on empty stomach as it could spike insulin levels and overburden the pancreas in the morning. In the long run, this habit could even raise the risk of diabetes.
Also Read: Why Eat Garlic On Empty Stomach
Eating a tomato on empty stomach is not recommended as it could even cause gastric ulcer. The tannic acid in tomatoes could cause acidity.
Drinking sodas on empty stomach could reduce blood circulation to the stomach as they may damage the mucous membranes. This may slow down the food digestion.
Is Eating Yogurt On Empty Stomach Healthy?
Yoghurt contains lactic acid bacteria which is beneficial to your gut. But if you eat it on empty stomach, the hydrochloric acid that gets secreted in the stomach might harm the bacteria.
Eating spicy food in the morning is very bad for your digestive system. Spicy food irritates the digestive system. It also leads to acidity.
Then What To Eat?
Foods like eggs, oatmeal, porridge, brown bread, water melon, blue berries, honey and nuts are some safe alternatives if you wish to eat on empty stomach.
- How to Stop Emotional Eating - 5 Simple Steps
- Nutritional Requirements For 8 Months To 1-year-old Babies
- Belly Fat Woes? Try These Foods That Instantly Burn Belly Fat
- This Is What Happens When You Don’t Eat Enough Calories
- Foods That Bring Strength To Baby's Feet
- What To Eat At Work For Lunch? 9 Simple Tips And Ideas
- Hypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- Eat These! 42 Fibre-rich Foods For Weight Loss
- 10 Zero-calorie Foods You Must Eat If You Are Planning To Lose Weight!
- Try This! Best Time To Eat Certain Foods For Weight Loss
- All You Need To Know About The '6 Meals A Day' Plan For Weight Gain
- 8 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Sweet Potato
- 20 Simple Steps To Lose Belly Fat Fast (That Really Work!)