- 1 hr ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 3 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 6 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Movies After Navjot Singh Sidhu's Resignation, Netizens Trend Archana Puran Singh And Kapil Sharma Memes On Twitter
- Automobiles Tata Motors Celebrates 1 Lakh Unit Rollout Milestone Of Tata Altroz
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK, DC, RCB, KKR, PBKS, RR, MI, SRH; Play-Off Qualification Scenario of all teams
- News Amarinder Singh in Delhi, first visit after quitting as Punjab CM
- Technology Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Become First Set Of Consoles To Support Dolby Atmos And Dolby Vision
- Finance 3 Best Aggressive Hybrid Funds To Consider In 2021 With 1 Year Returns Over 70%
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
Did you know bananas are actually one of the superfoods that help in losing weight? Yes, you read that right! And you were keeping away from this fruit in your weight loss diet, isn't it?
This humble fruit has powerful nutrients that have an impact on your body. Bananas are one of the world's most appealing fruits with a wide variety of health benefits. They are high in potassium, fibre, magnesium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
The most loved fruit is known to reduce swelling in the body, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system and help with the production of white blood cells due to the vitamin B6 present in it. Bananas are also rich in antioxidants that have the ability to prevent free radical damage in the body.
Banana is a common food in breakfast menus around the world. It provides you an instant energy to kick-start your day. Many natural home remedies circle around bananas when you suffer from an upset stomach.
A single banana is said to contain 90 calories, which also makes it a great healthy snack to munch on than deep-fried treats. Bananas are one of the most popular and iconic fruits which are used in countless dishes.
Here are some 12 banana health facts to feed your mind and tempt your stomach. Take a look.
1. Banana Can Improve Your Athletic Performance
If you are active and have been working out, bananas are a great and effective option to fuel your muscles and provide antioxidants and nutrients that sports drink lack in.
2. Bananas Cure Hangover
Are you in a hangover mode from last night's alcohol? Worry not! Eat bananas that will cure your hangover due to its potassium content, a mineral which is lost when you drink alcohol and the lack of it contributes to the dehydration due to hangover.
3. Bananas Are Diet-friendly
Bananas contain resistant starch, a type of carbohydrate that keeps you fuller for a longer period of time. Bananas make a great mid-afternoon snack as well.
4. Bananas Are Versatile
Bananas are an amazing versatile fruit that can be eaten on-the-go and it can be used in making delicious dessert recipes. For a healthy dessert, bananas are a go-to option.
5. Bananas Provide Vitamin C
Bananas contain vitamin C, an essential antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals and helps in keeping inflammation in the body at bay. And you thought citrus fruits contain vitamin C, isn't it?
6. Bananas Are Great For Depression
Did you know bananas are incredible in curing stress and depression? They help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin that helps in improving your mood.
7. Bananas Aid Weight Loss
Bananas are rich in pectin, which helps in detoxifying the body by flushing out the toxins from the body that helps in losing weight faster.
8. Improves Eyesight
Bananas contain vitamins C and A, which provide a nice glow to the skin. They also contain essential nutrients like vitamin E and lutein, which are both healthy for the eye.
9. Bananas For Reducing Belly Bloating
Belly bloat is common among all the people. Have bananas to fight back against the gas and water retention in your stomach that will help diminish bloating.
10. Bananas Help Build Lean Muscle Mass
Bananas are a good source of magnesium that helps with muscle contraction, relaxation and protein synthesis, which in turn increases the lean muscle mass in the body.
11. Bananas For Digestion
Are you feeling uneasy due to a burning sensation in your digestive tract? Eat bananas because they are easy to digest and are considered to be a non-irritant for the stomach.
12. Bananas Help Lower Blood Pressure
Bananas are high in potassium and low in sodium, which is known to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
ALSO READ: 10 Health Benefits Of Flax Seed Oil