- 14 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams Their Video Removal From TikTok: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- News 2 CRPF men martyred, 2 injured in J'khand fratricide incident
- Technology Realme Buds Air Price In India Revealed: How To Get Rs. 400 Discount
- Movies Lovebirds Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Planning To Tie The Knot In Kashmir? Read Details Here
- Finance Jagran Prakashan Shares Fall After Fixing Buy-Back Price
- Sports India vs West Indies, 3rd T20I: Preview, Dream11 prediction, fantasy tips, probable XI, TV timing
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Flax seed oil is a concentrated vegetable oil extracted from flax seeds. For thousands of years, flax seed oil has been proven to be extremely useful. But, not many people are aware of the fact that flax seed oil is used as a common alternative for traditional vegetable oil.
Flax seed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and it has the ability to improve heart health, prevent cancer, reduce inflammation, regulate digestion, lower blood pressure, among others.
Given its stellar nutrient profile, flax seed oil is packed with a variety of uses ranging from cooking to skin care. Flax seed oil has a myriad of health benefits and you will be surprised to know about these. Continue reading to know more.
1. Prevents Cancer
Flax seed oil provides protection against colon cancer, breast and prostate cancers. Flax seed oil acts as a very powerful antioxidant, which helps to prevent the damage caused by the free radicals in the body.
2. Improves Digestion
Flax seed oil improves digestion due to its high fibre content that promotes healthy digestion and provides relief from uneasiness.
3. Weight Loss
Flax seed oil works as a natural laxative that helps the body to get rid of the toxins more quickly, thus it helps the body to detoxify and shed the extra fat.
4. Prevents Cardiovascular Disease
Flax seed is known to prevent various cardiovascular diseases. Regular consumption of flax seed oil promotes proper functioning of the cardiovascular system. It also lowers blood pressure and promotes a good heart health.
5. Reduces Cholesterol Levels
Flax seed has a high content of omega-3 fatty acids that reduce the LDL cholesterol and help to balance the cholesterol in the body. This lowers the chances of heart attacks and strokes.
6. Prevents Dry Eyes
Flax seed oil prevents the drying up of the eyes. If you are suffering with dry eyes, include flax seed oil in your diet.
7. Prevents Arthritis
Flax seed oil may reduce the stiffness in your bones, especially when it occurs in the morning. It can also be used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
8. Treats Sjogren's Syndrome
Flax seed oil treats Sjogren's syndrome, a disorder of the immune system. Flax seed oil should be included in your daily diet to prevent you from having this disorder.
9. It Relieves Inflammation
Flax seed oil reduces the inflammation in the inner linings of the intestine. So, regular intake of flax seed oil will work wonders for your body.
10. Maintains Hormonal Balance
Flax seed oil has a dramatic effect on the hormonal balance, thereby helping women with menopause to function better and struggle less with the fluctuations of oestrogen in their bodies.