- Movies Namma Veettu Pillai Box Verdict: Sivakarthikeyan Starrer Is A Towering Success!
- News Ayodhya case: 1528 to 2019, a timeline
- Technology Reliance Digital Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Apple iPhones
- Sports World Cup Qualifiers: India, Bangladesh play out draw
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS-VI Engine Details Leaked: India Launch Expected Soon
- Travel 6 Romantic Places In Bangalore Every Couple Must Visit For A Dreamy Escapade In 2019!
- Finance How Does Faceless Income Tax Assessment Work?
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Losing weight can be tough if you are only exercising and not following a healthy diet plan. For weight loss, both exercise and diet are equally important. Scientists have revealed that some foods have an impact on appetite, which can be beneficial for losing weight.
Foods such as leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables, potatoes etc. are high in fibre and packed full of essential vitamins and minerals that may aid your body in improving metabolism and burn belly fat.
These veggies are loaded with fibre, which keeps your stomach full for a longer period. Here are some of the vegetables that you can incorporate in your diet for losing weight.
Most people believe that potatoes aid in weight gain, but that's not true. Eating white, boiled potatoes will give you a feeling of fullness and make you eat less. The best way to eat boiled potatoes is to cool them for a while after boiling, as it will help in forming high amounts of resistant starch. Resistant starch is a fibre-like substance that has been shown to help in weight loss  .
2. Cruciferous vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower etc. are packed full of fibre and contain significant amounts of protein. Cruciferous veggies are a low energy density food as well, which makes them a perfect food for weight loss  .
3. Leafy greens
Leafy greens like spinach, collards, kale, Swiss chard, etc. are high in fibre and low in calories and carbohydrates. They are also low energy density foods which will help you to lose weight while keeping you full  .
Mushrooms are packed with essential vitamins and minerals and have fewer calories, which make them the perfect diet food. Researchers say that eating a diet rich in mushrooms keeps away hunger pangs.
A study showed that people who ate a diet rich in white button mushrooms felt fuller  .
Pumpkin is a nutrient-dense food, which means that they low in calories and highly nutritious. They are also high in fibre and can help suppress your appetite. This makes it a perfect vegetable for weight loss. Include pumpkin soup, boiled pumpkin into your diet.
Asparagus is another vegetable that is also low in calories and packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Asparagus is a water-rich food and high in fibre which is linked to weight loss  . Asparagus can be eaten in the form of salads, stir-fries, omelettes, and pasta.
Carrots are high in both soluble and insoluble fibre and low in calories, which makes them an ideal weight-loss-friendly food. Including raw carrots and boiled carrots into your diet will help you lose weight faster.
-  Nugent, A. P. (2005). Health properties of resistant starch.Nutrition Bulletin,30(1), 27-54.
-  Karimi, G., Azadbakht, L., Haghighatdoost, F., & Esmaillzadeh, A. (2016). Low energy density diet, weight loss maintenance, and risk of cardiovascular disease following a recent weight reduction program: A randomized control trial.Journal of research in medical sciences : the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences,21, 32.
-  Ganesan, K., & Xu, B. (2018). Anti-Obesity Effects of Medicinal and Edible Mushrooms.Molecules (Basel, Switzerland),23(11), 2880.
-  Stelmach-Mardas, M., Rodacki, T., Dobrowolska-Iwanek, J., Brzozowska, A., Walkowiak, J., Wojtanowska-Krosniak, A., … Boeing, H. (2016). Link between Food Energy Density and Body Weight Changes in Obese Adults.Nutrients,8(4), 229.