- 24 min ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 2: Maa Brahmacharini Puja: Date, Rituals, History And Significance
- 4 hrs ago 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- 7 hrs ago Hadid Sisters Hit Runway For Marc Jacobs With Partially 'Shaved' Heads And Bleached Brows
- 7 hrs ago July 2022: Lucky And Unlucky Zodiac Signs This Month
- Education AILET Result 2022 Declared At nationallawuniversitydelhi.in, Check Steps To Download Result Here
- News Udaipur incident: 4 accused attacked outside court after being sent to 10-day NIA remand
- Finance BoB Capital Suggests Buy This Mid Cap Consumer Electricals Stock For 43% Potential Upside
- Sports WWE Money in the Bank 2022: Final Men’s Ladder Match participant revealed
- Movies Is it Ajith Vs Vijay For Pongal 2023? Fans Of Both The Actors Await With Bated Breath!
- Automobiles 2022 TVS iQube - Can It Compete With The Best Now?
- Technology Xiaomi 12S Series To Get Eco-Friendly Leather Rear Panel; Expected Features, Specs
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Losing weight can be tough if you are only exercising and not following a healthy diet plan. For weight loss, both exercise and diet are equally important. Scientists have revealed that some foods have an impact on appetite, which can be beneficial for losing weight.
Foods such as leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables, potatoes etc. are high in fibre and packed full of essential vitamins and minerals that may aid your body in improving metabolism and burn belly fat.
These veggies are loaded with fibre, which keeps your stomach full for a longer period. Here are some of the vegetables that you can incorporate in your diet for losing weight.
Most people believe that potatoes aid in weight gain, but that's not true. Eating white, boiled potatoes will give you a feeling of fullness and make you eat less. The best way to eat boiled potatoes is to cool them for a while after boiling, as it will help in forming high amounts of resistant starch. Resistant starch is a fibre-like substance that has been shown to help in weight loss  .
2. Cruciferous vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower etc. are packed full of fibre and contain significant amounts of protein. Cruciferous veggies are a low energy density food as well, which makes them a perfect food for weight loss  .
3. Leafy greens
Leafy greens like spinach, collards, kale, Swiss chard, etc. are high in fibre and low in calories and carbohydrates. They are also low energy density foods which will help you to lose weight while keeping you full  .
Mushrooms are packed with essential vitamins and minerals and have fewer calories, which make them the perfect diet food. Researchers say that eating a diet rich in mushrooms keeps away hunger pangs.
A study showed that people who ate a diet rich in white button mushrooms felt fuller  .
Pumpkin is a nutrient-dense food, which means that they low in calories and highly nutritious. They are also high in fibre and can help suppress your appetite. This makes it a perfect vegetable for weight loss. Include pumpkin soup, boiled pumpkin into your diet.
Asparagus is another vegetable that is also low in calories and packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Asparagus is a water-rich food and high in fibre which is linked to weight loss  . Asparagus can be eaten in the form of salads, stir-fries, omelettes, and pasta.
Carrots are high in both soluble and insoluble fibre and low in calories, which makes them an ideal weight-loss-friendly food. Including raw carrots and boiled carrots into your diet will help you lose weight faster.
-  Nugent, A. P. (2005). Health properties of resistant starch.Nutrition Bulletin,30(1), 27-54.
-  Karimi, G., Azadbakht, L., Haghighatdoost, F., & Esmaillzadeh, A. (2016). Low energy density diet, weight loss maintenance, and risk of cardiovascular disease following a recent weight reduction program: A randomized control trial.Journal of research in medical sciences : the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences,21, 32.
-  Ganesan, K., & Xu, B. (2018). Anti-Obesity Effects of Medicinal and Edible Mushrooms.Molecules (Basel, Switzerland),23(11), 2880.
-  Stelmach-Mardas, M., Rodacki, T., Dobrowolska-Iwanek, J., Brzozowska, A., Walkowiak, J., Wojtanowska-Krosniak, A., … Boeing, H. (2016). Link between Food Energy Density and Body Weight Changes in Obese Adults.Nutrients,8(4), 229.
- skin careFrom Kitchen To Your Face: Vegetables You Can Use On Your Skin
- nutritionIndian Vegetables That Are A Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- wellnessDon’t Throw Away The Peel Of These Fruits And Vegetables, They Have Benefits And Other Uses Too
- wellnessWhat Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- wellnessBest Superfoods For Men And Women Over 40
- diabetesIs Consumption Of Raw Food Diet Beneficial In Diabetes?
- wellness10 Healthy Ways To Eat More Vegetables EveryDay
- prenatal11 Healthy Calcium-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- wellness51 Fibre-Rich Foods Which May Help Lose Weight Easily
- wellness11 Must-Have Healthy Vegetables During The Monsoon
- nutrition44 Vegetarian Foods With Highest Protein For Everyday Diet
- nutrition60 Healthiest Foods You Should Eat Every Day