- 37 min ago Free Oxygen on Wheels - life saving initiative of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital in association with Greenwood High
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 14 May 2021
- 11 hrs ago Ivermectin For COVID-19 Treatment: Goa Recommends Ivermectin; WHO Warns Against Use
- 16 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things To Donate As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- News Coronavirus: India records 3,43,144 new COVID-19 cases, 4,000 deaths in last 24 hours
- Movies Friends: The Reunion To Air On May 27; Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox Share First Look Teaser
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For May 14, 2021: Win Rs. 10 ,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Automobiles Volkswagen T-Roc Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Deliveries Starting This Month
- Finance Indian Markets Trade Lower Even As Asian Markets Rally
- Sports Chelsea vs Leicester City FA Cup Final 2021: Preview, Time in India, TV Channel & Live Streaming Details
- Education Gujarat SSC 2021 Cancelled, GSEB To Grant Mass Promotion Without Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Telangana In May
Eggplant is known as brinjal and is consumed more in India. Well, is it safe to eat it during pregnancy? Moderation is okay but excessive consumption isn't safe!
The benefits of eggplant are: it can minimise the risk of birth defects, helps in foetal development, prevents gestational diabetes, and prevents constipation.
But wait, there are certain risks if you over-consume it. Don't forget to talk to a doctor if you wish to eat brinjal during pregnancy. Here are some of the potential side effects:
Some sources claim that the phyto-hormones in eggplant have certain properties that induce periods. In pregnant women, too much of brinjal could also raise the risk of miscarriage.
It can also cause contractions in the uterus which might either result in abortion or premature delivery.
As it can cause acidity, pregnant women might feel very uncomfortable. That could lead to other pregnancy complications.
It can also trigger digestive issues and may even lead to allergies in some especially when it isn't cooked properly.
Therefore, try to avoid eggplant during pregnancy or else do as your doctor suggests in order to avoid risks.