- 3 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 5 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 6 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Vijay's Bigil Did Not Incur Losses: Confirms Producer Archana Kalpathi!
- Sports Kohli right guy to take Indian cricket forward, Stokes is best cricketer now: Botham
- News India, China don’t need US help to resolve border frictions: Chinese official media
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Eggplant is known as brinjal and is consumed more in India. Well, is it safe to eat it during pregnancy? Moderation is okay but excessive consumption isn't safe!
The benefits of eggplant are: it can minimise the risk of birth defects, helps in foetal development, prevents gestational diabetes, and prevents constipation.
But wait, there are certain risks if you over-consume it. Don't forget to talk to a doctor if you wish to eat brinjal during pregnancy. Here are some of the potential side effects:
Some sources claim that the phyto-hormones in eggplant have certain properties that induce periods. In pregnant women, too much of brinjal could also raise the risk of miscarriage.
It can also cause contractions in the uterus which might either result in abortion or premature delivery.
As it can cause acidity, pregnant women might feel very uncomfortable. That could lead to other pregnancy complications.
It can also trigger digestive issues and may even lead to allergies in some especially when it isn't cooked properly.
Therefore, try to avoid eggplant during pregnancy or else do as your doctor suggests in order to avoid risks.