- 8 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 13 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 17 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 18 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- Movies Mohanlal Was The Only Choice For Big Brother, Says Siddique
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Hetmyer and Hope fire West Indies to victory
- News Tension prevails in AMU against CAA after Jamia Millia Islamia, cops use batons, teargas
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
This is the story of a young boy who was slowly turning into a stone, until he was helped by a good Samaritan.
Generally, when a woman is pregnant, the only wish she has is to have a hale and healthy baby. But this is not possible in a few special cases. There are a few exceptions and the story of this boy, who was slowly turning into a stone, is something that will break your heart.
Check out the story of Ramesh who is just 11 years old and suffers from a rare disease that has restricted him from leading a normal, regular life.
Read on to know more about this young boy who is turning into stone slowly.
He Is Just 11 Years Old
Ramesh, who is just 11 years old, suffers from a rare condition known as Ichthyosis. In this condition, it causes the development of thick scale-like skin.
According to doctors, this rare condition occurs when the faulty gene is passed down from the parents and the result is hard 'fish scales' forming on the skin.
His Movement Is Restricted...
He has been left unable to walk or speak due to the extremely rare condition which has frozen his body and limbs into twisted shapes.
His Mother Said…
"His skin started peeling off 15 days after he was born and then new skin began to grow very thick. It hardened and turned black, we had no idea what to do about it. No one helped us".
Also Read: This Girl Sheds Her Skin Every 6 Weeks!
Unfortunately, There Is No Cure For This Disease…
Doctors claim that there is no cure for the disease, but it can be managed by daily skin care and other medications.
Brit Singer Joss Stone Was A Good Samaritan
Brit singer, Joss Stone, turned out to be a saviour for him, as she was able to raise the much-needed funds for his medical treatment. She performed in the gig and raised £1,375 for his treatment, and she also spent an entire day with him, showering him with gifts and chocolates.
How Did She Know Him?
She had apparently seen a video of Ramesh struggling to walk and wanted to help him by giving him funds she'd raise from the concert in the capital Kathmandu, where she was due to perform.
He Is Currently Recovering…
The doctors who are treating him said, "He was in a really bad state when he was admitted. We had to remove the scales from his body and it was painful. Over a period of two weeks we gave him antibiotics to avoid infections and applied drugs and moisturizer on his body to remove the dead skin."
Here's wishing this young lad a speedy recovery and also we'd like to salute the support of Joss Stone. Do share your thoughts on this in the comment section below.