- 53 min ago Here Are Fashion Lessons From Deepika Padukone In How To Slay It In Formal And Glamourous
- 1 hr ago Finding It Difficult To Deal With Roommates? Tips That Will Make Your Life Easy
- 2 hrs ago Red Sari Or Pink Sari, Which Sari Of Janhvi Kapoor's Did We Like More?
- 2 hrs ago 9 Healthy Dietary Tips For Marathon Runners
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In 2020
- Technology Realme Loses Market Share After Festival Season: Report
- News Rajiv Gandhi assassination: SC asks TN to inform if decision taken on convict''s mercy plea
- Sports Shikhar Dhawan ruled out of New Zealand tour due to shoulder injury; replacement to be named at a later date
- Movies Allu Arjun Thanks Fans for Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Success
- Finance Ice-Cream And Frozen Desserts To Get Costlier
- Automobiles Triumph Rocket 3R Motorcycles Deliveries Begin In India: Currently Available In Eight Cities Only
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day is observed on 19 October and the theme for 2019 is 'Children get arthritis too'! This day was established by the multi-disciplinary Pediatric Specialty Group of the United States Bone and Joint Initiative (USBJI), which aims at focusing on the bone and joint-related conditions that kids, adolescents, and parents should be aware of.
Its goal is to throw light on the primary areas which concern children's musculoskeletal health, including those related to other health problems. And it also initiates programs and activities through research, education and advocacy that will help improve health and lower the burden of disease.
Musculoskeletal conditions include arthritis, traumatic injuries, back pain, osteoporosis, and spinal deformity. They cause severe long-term pain and physical disability, globally affecting hundreds of millions of people.
It is estimated that nearly 48% of adults and 10% of children have a musculoskeletal condition.
Themes For World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day
- 2018 - Clubfoot Can be Corrected Non-Surgically
- 2017 - Kids, Bones, Joints & Obesity - Tips for Parents and Patients, and Primary Care Providers
- 2015 - Childhood and Adolescent ACL Injuries - High number of Knee injuries in girls on the rise with prevention key
- 2014 - The Adolescent Female Athlete Triad - The Female Athlete Triad: Health Pitfalls for Adolescents
- 2012 - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Handout
- 2011 - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System - The Growth Plate, and Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis (SCFE)
- 2010 - Obesity - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System