- 1 hr ago Katy Perry Arrives In Mumbai And Has A Warm And Fuss-Free Airport Outfit Idea For Us
- 1 hr ago Guru Nanak Jayanti 2019: 15 Isnpirational Quotes By Guru Nanak Singh On His 550th Prakash Parv
- 2 hrs ago Pneumonia: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 12 November 2019
- Finance Gold Price Retreats Lower On Global Cues
- Technology Samsung To Launch Another Foldable Smartphone This Month; Specifications Leaked
- News TN: Woman’s legs crushed by truck while trying to avoid AIADMK flagpole
- Sports Virat Kohli and team to train under lights in Indore; Rahane ready for Pink Ball challenge
- Movies 15 Years Of Veer Zaara: How Shah Rukh Khan & Rani Mukerji Had Left Aditya & Yash Chopra All Annoyed
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol Model Production Begins: India-Launch Expected By End-2019
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day is observed on 19 October and the theme for 2019 is 'Children get arthritis too'! This day was established by the multi-disciplinary Pediatric Specialty Group of the United States Bone and Joint Initiative (USBJI), which aims at focusing on the bone and joint-related conditions that kids, adolescents, and parents should be aware of.
Its goal is to throw light on the primary areas which concern children's musculoskeletal health, including those related to other health problems. And it also initiates programs and activities through research, education and advocacy that will help improve health and lower the burden of disease.
Musculoskeletal conditions include arthritis, traumatic injuries, back pain, osteoporosis, and spinal deformity. They cause severe long-term pain and physical disability, globally affecting hundreds of millions of people.
It is estimated that nearly 48% of adults and 10% of children have a musculoskeletal condition.
Themes For World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day
- 2018 - Clubfoot Can be Corrected Non-Surgically
- 2017 - Kids, Bones, Joints & Obesity - Tips for Parents and Patients, and Primary Care Providers
- 2015 - Childhood and Adolescent ACL Injuries - High number of Knee injuries in girls on the rise with prevention key
- 2014 - The Adolescent Female Athlete Triad - The Female Athlete Triad: Health Pitfalls for Adolescents
- 2012 - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Handout
- 2011 - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System - The Growth Plate, and Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis (SCFE)
- 2010 - Obesity - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System