- 2 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 11 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- 14 hrs ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection Chakradhara By Warp N Weft And WWF India
- Sports India vs West Indies, 5th T20I: India clinch crushing 88-run win over WI: List of Awards, Man of the match
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14 Grand Premiere Highlights: Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates 'Azadi Ke Garv Ka Mahaparv'
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
Your liver is one of the most important organs in your body.
It's your blood's first line of defense against dangerous toxins, the organ responsible for activating a wide range of enzymes and storing vitamin K, an important blood-clotting factor, and your body's metabolism center for proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
That's why, maintaining the health of your liver is extremely vital for your overall health and well-being. And one of the best ways of doing that is adding certain natural liver-cleansing foods to your diet that can detoxify this organ and keep it running briskly throughout your lifetime.
Garlic might be notorious for causing bad breath, but these white cloves contain a powerful medicinal compound in them called allicin, which is known for inducing liver detoxification.
Just remember: cooking garlic destroys its healthy properties. So it's better to chew on a clove of raw garlic to reap its liver-cleansing benefit.
2. Green Tea
The world is familiar with the soothing effects of green tea and its ability to help you lose weight, if drunk regularly. But what you may not know is that green tea is rich in a special class of antioxidants called catechins, which are extremely good for cleansing your liver and improving its function.
Just remember: green tea extract is known to have negative effects on your liver. So, it's best to stick to the au-natural variety of this beverage.
Avocados are extremely good for multiple organs in your body, most importantly, the heart and the liver. The heart because avocados are rich in heart-healthy fats. And the liver because of the presence of glutathione in this fruit, which is known to aid in liver detoxification.
4. Citrus Fruits
Sour fruits like oranges, kiwi, and lemons are an extremely good source of vitamin C. And since this vitamin is vital for detoxifying your liver (and for boosting your immunity), you should definitely add these fruits to your regular diet.
Just remember: citric acid in citrus fruits can cause erosion of the enamel of your teeth. So, remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly after you eat or drink anything citrus-y.
5. Leafy Green Veggies
You know it as well as I do that leafy greens are one of the healthiest veggies you can add to your diet. And while they are great for your general body health, when it comes to your liver, leafy greens are great because the chlorophyll in them is known to neutralize heavy metals and toxins in your blood stream and increase the secretion of bile.
Add these to your diet for maximum benefit: spinach, bitter gourd, and dandelion greens.
The flavour of beetroot is an acquired taste. Nevertheless, this purple vegetable is excellent for boosting the health of your liver and promoting blood production. The reason behind that is the abundant flavonoid and beta-carotene in this veggie.
7. Gluten-free Grains
Studies have shown that those sensitive to gluten often develop liver toxicity too. So, if you only eat regular food grains, you should think about changing things up a bit by adding gluten-free grains, like quinoa, buckwheat, and amaranth, to your diet.
Turmeric is the favourite child of Ayurveda because of its phenomenal medicinal properties.
Not only is this spice exceptionally good for reducing inflammation and infections, it's also great for detoxifying your liver by stimulating enzymes that aid in that process.
So, add a pinch of it to your food next time.
Share This Article!
Don't hoard all this information to yourself! Share it, so your friends can read it too.
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- diabetesHepatitis Awareness Month 2022: What Is The Link Between Diabetes And Hepatitis?
- kidsExpert Opinion: Hepatitis Cases On The Rise Among UK Children – Could COVID Have A Role To Play?
- disorders cureLiver Failure: 10 Warning Signs Your Liver Is Not Functioning Properly
- disorders cureWhat Are Gallstones Or Cholelithiasis? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications And Treatments
- wellness10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Red Sandalwood For Skin, Stomach, Heart And More
- nutritionAmazing Health Benefits Of Argan Oil And How To Use It
- wellness14 Kitchen Spices To Prevent And Manage Diabetes
- wellness12 Health Benefits Of Kaffir Lime Which Will Surprise You
- prenatalWhy Is Bile Acid Test Important During Pregnancy?
- disorders cureThis Hospital Successfully Performs Complicated Liver Transplants On Children With A Rare Disorder
- wellnessWorld Hepatitis Day 2021: Healthy Diet For Hepatitis B Patients